Featured Some Guitar Players, Lovers, Addicts?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Hubaxe, Nov 12, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    Sorry that happened. It would cost you more to send it for repair than buying a second hand one.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hubaxe

Mar 25, 2020
    #222 Hubaxe, Mar 30, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    Time to reactivate that topic!!
    I recently purchased a very interesting guitar in a cash converter. My son is a retro gaming fan, so I drive him time to time around cash converter shops where he sometime find some old games. I usually let him look around and go to the music instrument part.
    Couple of weeks ago , I saw this little guitar, with an unknown name on (Daytone), and it looked like old Ibanez Sabre model.
    I first thought about a crappy chinese copy. tag asked 99 euros.
    Next visit, the guitar was still there. decided to play a bit on it. Very nice neck, double locking trem, nothing wrong. For 100 bucks I bought it.
    I then searched about. It's a Belgium brand bankrupt in 2012, that made guitars in Japan, in the Nippon Gakki factory.. same as Ibanez ones! The Trem is something I've never seen. A Floyd Rose under license, were you can put regular ball end strings.
    Asked a friend that runs a luthier/guitar shop. He saw those particular trem on some MIJ Ibanez.
    It's now clear, I bought an almost Ibanez Sabre branded with an almost unknown name for 100 bucks. New strings, light fret beveling, and I have a great little metal/fusion axe, with a more than usable trem.

upload_2021-3-30_10-20-22.png

Edit. no doubt, it is a Nippon Gakki. the headstock is an ibanez one, the head angle is similar.
    Ibanez branded have a part of the headstock removed near the last tuner.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Richard Jolly

Richard Jolly Member

Nov 11, 2020
    CA.
    I play bass guitar and I have twenty high end basses. Including two real ESPs from Japan and not those ESP LTDs, that are made overseas. My favorites are my 1996 G&L L2500, my 1975 Fender Jazz bass, my white Gibson Thunderbird, a short scale Gibson SG bass and my Hofner 500/1 bass. My amps consist of a USA made Ampeg BA 500, Combo amp with 210s in it , an SWR head along with two 210 GK cabs and a Trace Elliot Elf 200 watt loud head, that I use, with a 4 ohm Peavey Black widow 210 cab. I'm moving to West Virginia soon, so if anybody needs a bass player, in West Virginia. I'm available.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Hubaxe

Mar 25, 2020
    Nice collection. Very wide, not focused on one style. To me the mother of all the bass is the Jazz Bass, and I'm a fan of the round tight and powerful Ampeg sound. A bass impressed me a lot, it was a Sandberg California 5 strings. It's like a Musicman but even better in every way. Craftmanship, sound, feeling. Those german basses are awesome.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Greywolf55

Greywolf55 Noble Member

Oct 4, 2019
    Duluth ,Ga
    The full collection won't fit in the pic, this is the majority . Some I've built over the last 22 years as a luthier, the rest collected over the past 45 years of playing

My collection 9 23 18.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  6. Richard Jolly

Richard Jolly Member

Nov 11, 2020
    CA.
    #226 Richard Jolly, Mar 30, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    That's why I like my USA made G&L L2500 so much, with my 1975 Fender Jazz Bass along with my 1962 Fender Jazz bass that I really love playing too. It's another Leo project, like Music Man was before it was sold to Ernie Ball.

7. Richard Jolly

Richard Jolly Member

Nov 11, 2020
    CA.
    You have a very nice collection there.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I started playing Christmas 2019 (at 47 years old)as my youngest son who was 7 wanted to play...he has given up as school not doing lessons due to Covid...I bought myself a cheap acoustic to start with and now have Greg Bennett (Samick)...I'm rubbish but I do try and pick it up every day....hard when I've just got a bike again:)

IMG_20200725_215540_283.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  9. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    None of them can be used to fix your bike ;) ...J.D.

Lathe.jpg My tools.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Hubaxe

Mar 25, 2020
    Pick it up and play even a few minutes every day is the way to go.
    That natural wood finish electric looks really nice.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    My parents tried like hell to make a musician out of me. Violin lessons, trumpet. Purcussion. Bass horn. The problem was...I had no interest in it. REFUSED to practice. Hated marching band ! But I could tear an old flatty dual carburettor set up down, in the dark, by the side of the road and make it sing again. Just different music ;) ...J.D.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Hubaxe

Mar 25, 2020
    #232 Hubaxe, Apr 7, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    That's interesting. I did the opposite. Being myself into music, and as kids were very young I played 40 jigs a year + regular job, so not a good example for them, I never put them in music school, nor push them to play. They had to request for it.
    Result, my daughter plays piano, guitar, sing, and my son is in position to become professional musician (drummer, bass, guitar, trumpet, name it he can play). none of them have interest in bikes or motors.. complete fail :confused:

13. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    There is a lesson to be learned here. Do not follow your passion. Pursue your talent. Take it from a very old man with lots of miles on him. My skills, in the end made me a comfortable retirement in my old age. Along the way I found time and money for the things I was passionate about. If you follow only what you are passionate about, you can end up a starving artist with an empty bank account. BTW: My family all had musical talent. I was terrible at it :D. ...J.D.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    #234 Dougie D, Apr 7, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    For Sale Open to offers
    I'll stick those up here before they go on ebay
    My sister in law is selling those, they were bought new just a couple of years ago,but her friend took ill not long after and has since passed away,she was left the guitars but she can't play The fender cost him £2400, the Gibson cost him £1600 and the amp was £1500 i think the price he paid would have been very competitive as he used to buy a lot of guitars from the same shop
    Fender special Telecaster
    IMG-20210308-WA0015 (2).jpg
    IMG-20210308-WA0016 (1).jpg

Gibson Les Paul

IMG-20210308-WA0005 (2).jpg

IMG-20210308-WA0009 (2).jpg

IMG-20210308-WA0017 (2).jpg
    Amp
    IMG-20210308-WA0006 (2).jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. Linx

Linx Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2020
    Stratford Upon Avon, UK
    My Epiphone SG. I'm a big AC/DC fan. Can't play for toffee though :joy:.

IMAG1719.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  16. Hubaxe

Mar 25, 2020
    That Tele is stunning. The maple top, the wide range neck pickup. Very nice guitar.

17. Trash

Trash New Member

Mar 1, 2021
    Somerset
    I can make you an offer on the Tele

18. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Ok, you can send me a PM if you prefer

19. Trash

Trash New Member

Mar 1, 2021
    Somerset
    Ok Dougie, will do

20. Hubaxe

Mar 25, 2020
    upload_2021-4-26_9-17-2.png
    After years looking at that machine, I finally bough a cheap used TC Electronic G System (300 eur including a pro flight case)
    First thing done was to upgrade the firmware to the last version (2 upgrades). Then I can edit it from a PC software.
    Brillant machine. Built in switches to change amp channel, 4 cable setup to use effect loop, etc etc.
    The design is really smart, sounds are great, flexibility is awesome.
    Should have bought one years before.. I now have a bunch of pedals for sale :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1