Sold - Speed Triple R Dark - 2018 - For Sale

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Mark McDaniel, Sep 28, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mark McDaniel

Mark McDaniel Member

Nov 29, 2018
    newthorpe
    Thanks. If i dont get my price, i will keep it and hopefully get chance to ride it next year. Atm its just sitting doing nothing in my garage on an optimate. I fire up and go through the gears on my drive each month. So thought id put it out there for sale. Its as new, with only 500 miles, and that is not gunna change, so not in any rush to give it away.
    Thanks for interest.

2. Jage

Jage Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2021
    Cork, Ireland
    Considering it’s been advertised since September and still hasn’t sold, listening to advice might be a good idea.
    You might get lucky, prices of used bikes in good condition are going up and it’s becoming the more realistic option for people since the price and availability of new bikes are far from ideal.
    That being said, the seller is a big part for me when I’m purchasing second hand. Might be something worth thinking about - especially if you are trying to get interest on forums.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Mark McDaniel

Mark McDaniel Member

Nov 29, 2018
    newthorpe
    #63 Mark McDaniel, May 16, 2021
    Last edited: May 16, 2021
    Lots of "advice" on here, but no serious buyers ehhh..... With lock down, not a lot of bikes or anything for that matter has been selling well at all in the last year. We are coming out of lockdown now, and riding season is back on. I have reduced the price to reflect what i think its worth and more importantly what i am prepared to let it go for. I understand supply and demand, so happy to leave it for sale untill a serious buyer with genuine interest in buying comes along. If not, then ill keep it.

I have had many bikes over the years, so always looking for a deal when im buying, so i get that. The later Taiwanese Triumphs will be less attractive going forwards i would guess and the second hand residual value of these will reflect this, so the demand for UK built Triumphs , low mileage , specials (which is what i am offering for sale) will in my opinion be a good investment.... or maybe not. Who knows.? If the latter, i will hopefully get chance to ride next year, so untill then, its enjoying life in a nice dry garage being pampered...

You all OK with that ?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jage

Jage Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2021
    Cork, Ireland
    Yeah, perfectly fine with that.
    We aren’t Trader, DoneDeal or eBay so not everyone on here interested in buying.

I’ll pass on giving you any more advice as your bold opinion say enough.

My advice to others though is have a long, hard think before purchasing anything from you.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. SuperHans

SuperHans Senior Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Sweden
    I'd say Ebay, there aren't many (if any) special edition of this kind outside the UK. Now, some countries (like Sweden) is too expensive to import into (Two reasons, the mileage is to low (its considered new) and the VAT on top). But all countries have different rules. Since Triumph do have a loyal crowd and a fair few fanatics around the globe ebay might be increasing the chances of getting it sold.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mark McDaniel

Mark McDaniel Member

Nov 29, 2018
    newthorpe
    #66 Mark McDaniel, May 16, 2021
    Suit yourself. Your perogative. But i dont think you are in a position to buy in any case, so not sure why you are sticking your beak in to be honest.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. Jage

Jage Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2021
    Cork, Ireland
    Well you did ask if I was ok with that.

Interesting that you were thinking of it enough to came back at me with an newly edited comment 2.5hrs later.

Buyer beware in this case.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    To be honest Mark the vast majority of people on this Triumph forum are on here because they already own a Triumph and whilst they may like the look of your bike they also like theirs.
    I really think your best bet is to advertise on a bike selling site as that is where people who are in the market for a bike are likely to look, they'll more likely come on here for advice on which bike etc :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Mark McDaniel

Mark McDaniel Member

Nov 29, 2018
    newthorpe
    Behave yourself.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Mark McDaniel

Mark McDaniel Member

Nov 29, 2018
    newthorpe

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Mark McDaniel

Mark McDaniel Member

Nov 29, 2018
    newthorpe
    Thanks. Im just selling, not asking for advice. The listing is clear enough in that regard.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Mark McDaniel

Mark McDaniel Member

Nov 29, 2018
    newthorpe
    Thanks. Im just selling, not asking for advice. The listing is clear enough.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    No worries but I beg to differ that you're selling, I would say you are unsuccessfully advertising .............to say nothing of antagonising your potential target audience but I'll take on board your comment and ensure I don't try and help again :poop::poop:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Mark McDaniel

Mark McDaniel Member

Nov 29, 2018
    newthorpe
    #74 Mark McDaniel, May 16, 2021
    Fantastic news. If i needed advice, i would have stated this in my listing.

Any serious buyers looking to do a deal and have funds to buy, then more than happy to engage.

Window shoppers, pretenders and trolls please scroll by as this listing is not for you guys.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  15. Jage

Jage Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2021
    Cork, Ireland
    Feel like this may be warranted…

48BC658B-B1B3-41B8-9D1A-C54CF3CCEF6A.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  16. Mark McDaniel

Mark McDaniel Member

Nov 29, 2018
    newthorpe
    You still stalking me.
    Im flattered, but you really need to get some friends and a life of your own my little trollster.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  17. Jage

Jage Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2021
    Cork, Ireland
    I’m hurt.
    Wait no, this is a forum and I’m having a laugh with the others.
    Oh and actually went for a spin on my Speed Triple R.
    You should try it. You know, riding your bikes. Might sort some of your anger / frustration issues.

BC704F34-7FC9-4239-AD21-8DCD565FBE79.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Mark McDaniel

Mark McDaniel Member

Nov 29, 2018
    newthorpe
    #78 Mark McDaniel, May 17, 2021
    Last edited: May 17, 2021
    You a bit sad arnt you. Keep going if it makes you feel better. You have no idea why im not riding.. Im not gunna waste time explaining.

You call it having a laugh..... Really. You really should take a look in the mirror.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  19. Jage

Jage Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2021
    Cork, Ireland
    In some of the best advice I can give you, stop replying here - you aren’t doing yourself any favours.

Open a new listing, put up some decent details on the bike including current photos, service history and anything else that may be of interest.

Treat questions and comments with a bit of decency and respect. A lot of people show their interest by commenting or others will make the post more popular by adding views, replies etc.
    While doing this, put it up on sale websites including the same details above.

Looked in the mirror, good with what I saw and my last comment here unless you start being overly aggressive with people that are trying to help. (Re-read what has been said since you put up your listing if you want examples).

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Mark McDaniel

Mark McDaniel Member

Nov 29, 2018
    newthorpe
    You sound lonely as well petal.

• Disagree Disagree x 3