Social Riding?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Kenbro, Mar 22, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dallenbaugh

Dallenbaugh Active Member

Jan 5, 2019
    Santa Cruz , CA
    Here is what a letter from the American Motorcycle Assoc. said:
    • Avoid crowded spaces: Ride motorcycles
    • Do not use public transportation: Ride motorcycles.
    • Well-ventilated spaces are virus free: Ride motorcycles.
    • Wear gloves: Ride motorcycles.
    • Keep at least six feet from other people: Ride motorcycles.
    • Keep a positive attitude: Ride motorcycles!

Sounds good to me! .... Dave

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  2. Ghostninjasd

Ghostninjasd Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2020
    California
    Here me out! I know everyone keeps saying that riding is social distancing. However, let's say you get I to an accident. Hospitals are already hurting. Your chances for the medical care you expect will most likely be low. Potential causing more undo stress on an already over burden medical system. This is why almost every country is saying to stay at home. To each their own, but I recommend not going out and riding as much as people may disagree.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    Looks like Doris is making a statement tonight, the choice may just be getting taken away from us

Full on zombie apocalypse - where’s me pump action shotgun when I need it:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    So what’s new?

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Not much more riding, suppose the panniers will carry what’s available in the shops!
    Ken.
    Ken.

6. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Maybe a waist pack! :joy::joy:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Not quite. They would be skeletons of dead monkeys.
    Shit, I'm getting picky already ! :(

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Tim L

Tim L Active Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Norn Iron
    Italy has a slightly smaller population than the UK
    It has had over 130,000 deaths this year. 4000 or so have been coronavirus related!

Proportion, guys!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Man from Govmint, when asked if okay to go for run in your car, replied ‘Yes, okay to go for drive to blow the cobwebs. :p
    Ken.

10. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    I personally agree with above - but -

Gotta say Gov guy on TV this morning did say when asked, Is it OK to drive your car to a park or particular area away from your neighbourhood that you know will have less people around so less chance of contact in order to take your exercise,
    His reply was , He seen no problem in that at all and was within the guidance measures !!!!
    Whilst I agree with the basic rules- its still a bloody minefield of info and interpretations,
    On a lighter note @dilligaf is in lock down so the world well the North East is a safer place, :p:p

• Like Like x 4
    • Love You Love You x 1
  11. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Thanks Ade; didn’t get a text but can’t fail to be up to speed with all what’s going on in media.
    Cheers,Ken.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    Two points:

1 Look at the statistics for coronavirus in Italy. Prior to the lockdown doubling every 3-5 days. Latest stats In Italy, there are at least 69,176 confirmed cases and 6,820 deaths

2 And now, 2 weeks after lockdown? Health service on the point of collapse, with c 800 deaths/day, doctors dying as a result of treating coronavirus patients, and dozens of patients in need of ventilators instead lying in corridors.

Re-read your post. If you still think we are getting this out of proportion then there’s no hope for you.

• Like Like x 5
  13. cliverdee

cliverdee Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Nottingham
    I think it’s already been said but risking any further strain on the NHS has certainly stopped my riding for the duration... although we would be largely away from other people; the petrol pump, toilet stop, quick drop in at the supermarket for a few bits ‘while I’m out’, unwelcome invasion of space by other bikers coming for a comradely chat, risk of breakdown with consequent contact with the RAC etc, and of course accident ! !... there’s no such thing as ‘ I’m riding more carefully so I’ll be OK’ approach as it’s nonsense... ask anyone, (me for example), whether they could have foreseen, avoided, done anything different in many of their accidents and the answer will mostly be ‘ no’... ! ..on the other hand if stress, strain, mental wellness is an issue then a motorbike ride is a very good idea but don’t if you don’t need to but just want to .... p.s. a whole load of sweaty cyclists went pedalling rather quickly in a tight group through my village yesterday, with a lot of exhaled droplets being doubtless inhaled by all ... individual cycling is ok but not this sort of ‘Team Coronavirus’ irresponsible behaviour ....well that’s my thought anyway for what it’s worth ... roll on the return of riding

• Agree Agree x 8
  14. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
  15. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Well it’s set you up to fall!! How else are they going to collect speed camera revenue when your sat on your arse keyboardering the forum??? Doh

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Yeh, sorry littleade, what I meant was, your a bit late to the finish line on this one.
    It was all done and dusted ages ago... ask dilligaf :);).
    If anyone hasn’t got the message by now, there’s no hope. :mask::confused:Thanks again, Ken.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    I'll do my best not to come off ,
    I feel far safer riding over than using a plane

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Still can’t understand why it’s still okay to go out cycling, but not motorcycling!

Ken.

19. JerryBB

JerryBB Noble Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Wales
    Probably ok if you have an school moped...and pedal the fekker everywhere

20. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Even the bicycle shops can stay open so you can take a none essential journey to buy a bike, then, none essentially ride ya friggin bike!
    Ken.

• Like Like x 1