Social Riding?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Kenbro, Mar 22, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Uncle Olaf

Uncle Olaf Member

Mar 23, 2018
    Genk, Belgium
    Here in Belgium it is forbidden for private persons to drive anything unless it is for a good reason (food, doctor, pharmacy, help old folks..) so motorcycling is forbidden. In fact you van only go out on foot or on bike as long as you keep your distance and maximum two persons at a time. Anything to keep the virus from spreading! We expect an even more severe and total lockdown in the next days... Streets are empty, almost no traffic. The only winner is the environment... I fear nothing will ever be the same after the virus is long gone, governments will use this to install even more 'big brother' in everyday life and BC will no longer mean before christ, but before corona... Keep well!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    FB_IMG_1584265196212.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Tom Gillam

Tom Gillam Guest

Unfortunately I’ve got to drive to Durham tomorrow to pick up my daughter’s belongings from Uni.
    Obviously if there was a way of avoiding this I would.
    One fuel stop on the way back,so will hopefully avoid contact..

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    After much thought and soul searching I have decided to leave my bikes in the garage until we are given the ok to ride again. Stay safe everyone

• Like Like x 5
    • Love You Love You x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Avoid accidents=don’t ride your bike :mad:
    Avoid using up valuable NHS resources = don’t ride your bike :mad:
    Think of others = don’t ride your bike :mad:

of course the above is aimed at unnecessary pleasure riding :mad:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Uncle Olaf

Uncle Olaf Member

Mar 23, 2018
    Genk, Belgium
    Everything pleasant will be forbidden, except warfare...

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Ann Summers are doing a nice line in surgical rubberware:laughing::laughing:

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    I’m gonna try...that’s the best I can say right now.
    Ken.

• Like Like x 3
  9. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Don’t think you’ll have the choice soon :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    #90 Kenbro, Mar 23, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    Just rode to the Pharmacy to collect my script.
    On the door is a large sign ‘No more than 2 people in here at any time’.
    Part of my script was missing so I went next door to the Doctor’s building.
    On the door a large sign said ‘Don’t come here, please knock on the window’.
    Knocked on smoked glass window and girl appeared holding a phone and gesticulated for me to call the Doctor, which I did. Explained some of my meds were missing and told her my name, she then disappeared, only to return and point to the door, I went to the door and the letterbox opened and my script was pushed out.
    Back round to the Pharmacy to join the queue for 1 out another 1 in.
    Arriving back home just as the postman knocked on the door with 2 parcels in hand. As I walked towards him he placed the parcels on the floor and as he walked off he said’ Sorry, we’re not allowed to hand parcels to you anymore, and he was gone.
    Ken.
    PS.Forgot to say, in the Pharmacy they had that police type tape set about 900mm from the counter to stop you getting any nearer.

11. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

We’re gonna have to get used to this :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    aye, and the Pharmacy had that police type tape set about 900mm from the counter and running full length so you couldn’t get near enough to touch anything.
    Ken.

• Like Like x 2
  13. JerryBB

JerryBB Noble Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Wales
    riding motorbikes is inherently dangerous, so is crossing the road or climbing mountains or having sex or smoking or drinking or visiting foreign countries etc....

I am sorry if people feel really stressed out over this and wish them all the best, but thinking I might have an accident if I go out on my bike, then what is the point of it all, there are far more threats to our lives out there than covid19 and yes I have arterial problems so I might be at risk, but beyond taking all reasonable precautions I will go out, on foot, in my car or on my bike. I am working at home today but might get sent to a site any day this week, which will involve me using the car and I might need to get some shopping in at some stage.....I will avoid contact with others, respecting the guidelines for social distancing etc.

I have needed to visit hospital once because of an off and that was as a pillion just over 40 years ago.

I lived in Jerusalem for a while and the statistical chance of being stabbed/shot/kidnapped was probably much higher than getting covid19 and hitchhiking through europe on my own in the mid 80's certainly carried risks, but we do these things and will continue to do them, such is the nature of life. I am sure all of us have done dangerous things in the past, beside the obvious as a group of bikers, have none of us ever drunk too much and did something stupid, had unprotected sex with some bird we met in a nightclub, jumped a red light, broke the speed limit, started an argument with some nasty evil huge bastard....

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 2
  14. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

.....and THIS is why the country WILL be put into lock down probably before the end of the week :confused:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    Our postman delivered a parcel this afternoon.
    By the time I got to the door he was over the other side of the street.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Some people will still be able to go out, even in lockdown...why can’t it be us? :mask:;).
    Do as I say...
    Hehe, Ken.

17. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Can't say as I blame him under the circumstances :cool::cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    At least this thread is keeping dilligaf and calumity occupied reposte ing. (If that’s a word?) :):):):kissing_heart:
    Ken.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    The difference is that they were risks you were taking for yourself. These are risks you are imposing on others, where the consequences could be deadly.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

FDBBF454-34D1-4474-B6F5-F8F73149459C.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 6