Social Riding?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Kenbro, Mar 22, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    You know nothing about me nor my circumstances, so do not judge what you have no f#cking idea what you are talking about.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Just keep riding your bike mate :grinning:
    We’re wasting our time :confused:

3. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Crème de la Crème

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
    I had been going out but have now stopped. Personal choice for each of us. The thing that stopped me was the thought of having an accident and ending up in the very place where the virus is at its strongest.--- hospital!

• Like Like x 3
  4. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Good choice mate :)
    Stay safe :heart:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I have done my last social ride, I went out Saturday thinking I could stay clear of people, but it’s not only people its things that you touch on your ride, taking your boots off etc, I will leave my risk taking to essential things like buying food, not in a panicky way mind, just stuff that I need, Although this will put me at the most risk of contracting or passing it on.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Crème de la Crème

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
    Didn’t know where to post this but probably as good a place as any

DE7DEB44-6140-4427-B98C-5F8BDF43262C.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    My conscience has been pricked, I was going to commute to the office in London on the bike twice a week, but thanks to you lot I feel too guilty, so I’m going back to bed :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    If i even thought about having an accident any time I went out riding, virus or not, I wouldn’t own a motorcycle.
    Ken.

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    @half ton glad your lads alright. Regarding insurance, I’m in the same boat, mine comes up soon too, but check how long your no claims lasts for if you cancel/ do not renew your insurance

• Like Like x 3
  10. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    To those who choose to be “sensible” and stop indoors, and, presumably not opening the door to anyone...just how long are you going to stay indoors?
    If you self isolate for 2 weeks and show no symptoms you are probably okay, but then what do you do, carry on stopping in and having absolutely zero contact with anyone?

Chap asked an interesting question on 5 Live last Friday or Saturday. It regarded Vaping and could the vapour that we see and smell, (even when you’re quite away down wind of) in huge clouds be carrying the virus.
    The answer from an “Expert” was No, but, wherever the vapour was showing or you could smell it, that person’s (Who was emitting it) breath would also be. So, if you’re only 2 mtrs. from and down wind of, you could easily be breathing their expelled virus.
    Ken.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
  11. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Just now on TV.
    Mr. Hancock said ‘It is not dangerous to go outside, just make sure you stay more than 2 Mtrs. away from others’.
    Ken.
    PS. He did just finish by saying ‘Don’t go out if you don’t have to’.

• Like Like x 3
  12. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    This must be all about balance, I see no issue popping out for a walk or to the shops for stuff you need, However social distancing was impossible on the coast over the weekend because too many people were using bad judgement - stay local, keep a distance from other people, work from home, be SENSIBLE
    Today I decided not to take the bike two hours into London, which was my plan to work and avoid risks of catching/passing on this virus or any other disease I may have, rather than using the train as normal, so working from home, when I HAVE to be in the office, I’ll take the bike, but that’ll be the exception not the rule!! And that’s my balanced reasonably sensible take on this..

Next will be enforced lockdown, and I really really don’t want that imposed on me!!

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Interesting point mate :)
    If you can see someone smoking or using an E-cigarette then this is a good indicator of how far a person’s breath can travel while it hangs in the air :(
    It’s a damn sight more than 2mtrs:eek:
    As for staying in :confused:
    The advice is minimum contact with others
    No unnecessary journeys :mad:
    I have a feeling that this could go on for possibly 12month :eek:
    I will have minimal contact with others for as long as it takes :(
    If you have to go out to help a loved one do it :)
    If you want to VISIT a loved one DONT :mad: you could be a carrier without knowing it :eek:
    Let’s help our Country :)
    Let’s help our NHS:)
    STAY IN as much as YOU can :)

• Like Like x 4
  14. Scrambled head

Scrambled head Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2019
    Sussex
    I do and will continue to ride my bike to work, it’s my main transportation.
    I work at a fuel storage instillation where the product we look after can’t be left to its own devices, so myself and my eleven workmates can’t work at home and will keep going to work health permitting.
    We are in lock down at work, no contractors no managers aloud on site and are having segregated shifts.
    Feel very lucky as I am employed while lots of people’s jobs are on hold while this situation runs it’s course.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  15. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

What you’re doing comes under the NECESSARY journey :)
    Good luck mate and stay safe :heart:

• Like Like x 3
  16. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    I’m beginning to think, this is a dress rehearsal for Global Dictatorship! :confused::kissing_heart::mask:
    Ken.

17. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

I think it’s a PANDEMIC :eek:
    Something we haven’t had to deal with on this scale before :(

• Like Like x 1
  18. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    I thought this was the most telling post on the thread.

One school just isn’t thinking but insists it is.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Uncle Olaf

Uncle Olaf Member

Mar 23, 2018
    Genk, Belgium
    Here in Belgium it is forbidden to drive anything unless it is for a good reason (food, doctor, pharmacy, help old folks..) so motorcycling is forbidden. In fact you van only go out on foot or on bike as long as you keep your distance and maximum two persons at a time. Anything to keep the virus from spreading! We expect an even more severe and total lockdown in the next days... Streets are empty, almost no traffic. The only winner is the environment...

• Like Like x 3