Social Media Influencer????

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by curly, Dec 12, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Joined, one message, gone :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. xorbe

xorbe Noble Member

Jan 27, 2021
    CA, USA
    #42 xorbe, Nov 15, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2022
    Influencer :party: Leader

I think it partially came from some commenting platforms that encouraged posters to make good posts to get +1s and upvotes, and after so many they got an "influencer" tag and then next a "leader" tag. But then social media stole the terms and everyone wanted an influencer / social leader tag on every shallow and/or faked virtue signalling posts. Anything for them fake internet points / dopamine hit of being paid attention to.

odEQPSM.jpg

3. IanPoole

IanPoole New Member

Dec 29, 2022
    NY
    #43 IanPoole, Dec 29, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2022
    I feel ya on the whole social media thing. It can be a strange concept. But from what I understand, influencers are just people who have a big following on social media and use it to promote products or their own personal brand. Some are self-employed and others work with influencer agencies. It's important to be cautious when following anyone online, no matter what they call themselves. If you want to learn more about this topic, check enforcesocial.com for some good social media resources and online safety resources.

4. RagenVox

RagenVox New Member

Mar 22, 2023
    USA
    I totally get your bewilderment about this whole "social media influencer" deal – it's like a digital puzzle that everyone's trying to solve, right?

5. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    At this late date in life, I will use my great influence, huge following, and vast experience to say "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damm" ...J.D.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1