Social Media Influencer????

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by curly, Dec 12, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DCS900

DCS900 Careful, man! There’s a beverage here!

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    Makes me smile every time… reminds me of my straight talking granddad!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Thanks for this!
    I've Actually wondered why some I subscribed to have hardly any advertisements and others are loaded!
    Every day is a school day!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    #24 Pegscraper, Dec 13, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2021

Advertising is one of a few ways video posters can make money. Some argue that it enables them to create more content and test more products etc and I get that but some actually make a good living from it. I find the amount of advertising in some vids way OTT and very annoying but I'm a grumpy old(ish) git, allegedly.

https://www.investopedia.com/ask/an...ple-make-money-videos-they-upload-youtube.asp

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. DCS900

DCS900 Careful, man! There’s a beverage here!

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    I saw those advent calendars locally… £14 if I recall correctly!!! Fook that…

• Like Like x 1
  6. Georgez

Georgez Senior Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Pacific North West
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I was pretty excited about this myself until I dug a bit deeper and saw that the amount of plastic that's actually been removed from his organizations effort is very small, particularly relative to the millions that he's raised. Now I'm not quite so excited. I don't have the link to that info handy but perhaps someone else has read this, too? And maybe they are still just honing the process...... I certainly hope that it works!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

I'd say he's still genuinely accomplishing exponentially more than that mouthy Swedish rabble-rouser who's probably lining her parents' pockets more than anything else.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Informative video, @Golgotha, and very encouraging. Thanks for sharing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Griffchard

Griffchard New Member

Apr 29, 2022
    Cardiff
    #30 Griffchard, Apr 29, 2022
    Last edited: May 3, 2022
    Hello. Many people have such an ambiguous attitude toward influencers because it seems that no effort is needed for this work and no knowledge is needed. I believe that this is not the case. It's not easy to get a really large number of Instagram followers. Creating high-quality and interesting content is necessary, and it is not so easy. It is necessary to constantly look for new ideas for stories on sites such as 1394ta.org and constantly know the latest fashion trends. Influencers are workaholics, and of course, they deserve the pay they receive.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Twitter might get interesting now Musk has it, apparently he has sacked the board. Im not on it but it's ment to be extremely left wing/woke and censored to bits. If it changes it can only be a good thing!

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. SteveXFR

SteveXFR Member

Apr 24, 2022
    Somerset
    My wife has a business making personalised horse riding equipment and at least once a week an "influencer" will contact her basically demanding free stuff in return for exposure. She always ignores them but some really don't like that and start making threats of negative reviews. They haven't followed through yet.
    They mostly seem to be terrible people (all ages) who think the world owes them everything.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Useful Useful x 2
  13. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Yikes! :eek: They actually threaten negative reviews of something they didn't get for free but wouldn't purchase to try and then review it? :rolleyes: I guess their "negative" reviews--if factual--could only state something like "I wanted to review the equipment but she wouldn't give me free stuff and I wouldn't pay for it so I could actually try it out". Seems to me they'd really be doing a negative review of themselves.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. SteveXFR

SteveXFR Member

Apr 24, 2022
    Somerset
    It's not nice. The sense of entitlement amongst some of them is incredible.
    At the other end of the scale, there's a few well known competitive riders who actually buy from Mrs XFR regularly and promote her products for free. I guess their large social media presence makes them influencers as well but good ones

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. Georgez

Georgez Senior Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Pacific North West
  16. SteveXFR

SteveXFR Member

Apr 24, 2022
    Somerset
  17. Iron

Iron Elite Member

Dec 29, 2021
    Bob Ross Studios
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  18. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    • Agree Agree x 8
  19. CarolineMonroe

CarolineMonroe New Member

Oct 10, 2022
    USA
    Thanks to influencers, we can learn a lot of useful information. So I agree with the comments below that this is also a job.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  20. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Yeah, right!!:joy::joy::joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1