So, where are we with the Factory visits?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by dickydido, Feb 3, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dickydido

dickydido Senior Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Wiltshire
    #1 dickydido, Feb 3, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    Back 'in t' day', ( '97 or '98 I think) I bought the then new, Speed Triple, you know the one, the 'black, airy arsed, broad shouldered' one that looked like a proper cafe racer....it was lust at first sight and I just had to have one at any cost. I managed to haggle a great deal with Riders of Bridgewater whereby I did a straight swop for my Harley Electra Glide (it's a long story which involved wooing my now, wife, onto motorbikes for the first time!) without a penny changing hands either way.......that ride home was weird....it felt like I was riding a pushbike rather than a 'hot snot road burner' after the girth of the 'Glide!.....

...anyhow, with the new Speed Triple came an invitation to go and visit the Factory....what a glorious day out that was....fabulous 'blast' there and back along the Fosse Way from my neck of the woods followed by a real nitty gritty, in depth tour of all manufacturing, assembly and testing areas of the Factory.....my little stick on 'visitor' label from that day still has pride of place on the filing cabinet in the office...

....but back to now, does anybody know what the current status is of re-starting up the visits to the Factory?.....how will you have to apply to go on a visit?......in fact any info will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

dickydido

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I think somewhere there was a thread on the reopening and talk of peeps meeting up and doing a tour,

3. mappster

mappster Member

Jan 24, 2017
    North Wales
    A friend of mine knows someone at Triumph and next time he sees him he his going to ask him.

If and when I get any info back from him I will post it up.

• Like Like x 1
  4. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I think I heard somewhere that they are going to start in the summer

• Like Like x 1