Featured Thruxton . So Much Fun.

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by swampy61, Nov 11, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. swampy61

swampy61 Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2020
    Shropshire
    #1 swampy61, Nov 11, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    ..can't believe how much more fun the Thruxton is than the sprint Rs... I end up grinning everytime I go out on it just from the enjoyment of riding it.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. swampy61

swampy61 Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2020
    Shropshire
    Query sorted

3. Bugsy27

Bugsy27 New Member

Oct 1, 2018
    New Zealand
    I know the feeling, I picked up an Old Stock Thruxton R 2 weeks ago and first day out on her I was with a group of guys on mobile couches( harley baggers) so didnt really get to feel the bike. WELL, tonight I took the girl out had had a fantastic solo ride. Ive been riding for nearly 50 years all sorts of bikes and dozens of them. My most impressive handling bike to date was a 2014 Tuono V4, and it was brilliant. Tonight the Thruxton showed just how well Triumph designed this bike, the handling on our rough country roads was sensational, nothing I threw at it unsettled it in any way, change lines mid corner, no worries, bumps mid corner, what bump. I came home feeling so stoked with the Thruxton. Sure it could do with a bit more poke and I'll sort that, but the handling and the confidence in the bike has really justified the purchase. Top bike.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Mark9

Mark9 Noble Member

Jul 13, 2020
    Derby
    I’m really impressed with mine, as above I’ve had far more powerful & sophisticated bikes but the Thruxton 1200 really is an enjoyable bike to ride, I think it’s a mix of how pleasing it is to the eye, the steady handling and the exhaust note, maybe also the fact that the power is more than adequate but not overwhelming? (my 1200 Ducati was a great bike but just too fast for the road IMO), anyway whatever it is it’s my favourite bike amongst the 40+ bikes I’ve owned.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I love my ttr❤️. Rides well, handles well and looks fantastic. Can’t wait to get her back on the road in the spring.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Bugsy27

Bugsy27 New Member

Oct 1, 2018
    New Zealand
    Took her out again today to try and get some more miles on her so I can get her first service done before Christmas and its so sweet, I love this wee bike. Looks like my other bike a 2014 ZX14R is going to reassigned to drag days only

• Like Like x 4