Featured So it begins.. Striple R

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Adam_C, Apr 19, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Adam_C

Adam_C Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2017
    West sussex
    hello guys,

i have recently passed my bike test and have always loved and longed for a street triple. I treated myself a few days ago to a low mileage 2010 triple R in graphite grey and oh my what a machine!!

I'm obviously new to motorcycling but I can honestly say I'm hooked and loving it. I went out yesterday morning for a "short" ride which ending up being a 250 mile round trip through country roads!

I have a number of things I want to add to the bike over the next few months to get it the way i want it so will keep this thread updated with my progress.

I took a few pictures up at goodwood house yesterday and did a cheeky run up the hillclimb IMG_4768.JPG IMG_4771.JPG

• Like Like x 10
  2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Hi mate and welcome
    Loving the bike

3. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    hi Adam,welcome to the forum,lovely looking bike:)

4. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Welcome to the forum Adam.
    Nice bike & good pics, ride safe.

5. Adam_C

Adam_C Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2017
    West sussex
    Hi guys, I posted this in the noob section already by accident but want to keep a record in here. I fitted an R&G tail tidy which looks awesome. I have ordered a slightly smaller plate and some micro LED indicators to go with it. I'm conscious the old bill might not like the plates but will see. I have a few more parts on order so will keep you posted

I also went for a ride with my bro tonight he has a suzuki SV650s which sounds lovely.

IMG_4790.JPG

IMG_4806.JPG

6. DRJW66

DRJW66 New Member

May 18, 2017
    Blackpool
    20170423_163202.jpg

7. DRJW66

DRJW66 New Member

May 18, 2017
    Blackpool
    • Like Like x 1
  8. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Hi and welcome. STR does look great in that colour. SV is great bike too, loved mine. The sound lovely with a short can.

9. Adam_C

Adam_C Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2017
    West sussex
    Looks lovely mate, nice set of cans. I've got a set of SC projects on order and I can't wait!!

I also purchased some gold wheel tape and wasn't sure about fitting it but after seeing yours it looks awesome!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Adam_C

Adam_C Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2017
    West sussex
    Hi guys,

Just bought myself a new set of Michelin pilot Road 4s and they are awesome! I've also got it booked in at triumph for an annual service next month but to also get a quickshifter fitted ,

I can't wait!! I will post some more pics and vids shortly as new cans will be coming

11. Adam_C

Adam_C Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2017
    West sussex
    Hi guys,

Just bought myself a new set of Michelin pilot Road 4s and they are awesome! I've also got it booked in at triumph for an annual service next month but to also get a quickshifter fitted ,

I can't wait!! I will post some more pics and vids shortly as new cans will be coming

12. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Look dude, nice bike n all that, but don't go rushing to throw your money away on trinkets like quickshifters and the like... I think you need to live with it "vanilla" for a while and then choose some nice sensible options!!!

I suspect first will be a nice fat air cushion for borttom comfort, then a big pair of handlebar muffs to keep your hands warm... then probably a large touring screen to keep the draft off!!!

:p:laughing:

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Adam_C

Adam_C Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2017
    West sussex
    Cheers for the comment mate, but I can spend my money on whatever little "trinket" I want. I know a quickshifter isn't a necessaty but I want one for the fun of it! With regards to screen, handlebar warmer and bigger seat if I wanted all that I'd go buy a tiger or a GS

• Like Like x 2
  14. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Hmmmm, maybe a slightly sharp response to humorous advice that has the whiff of experience? I think those of us with a few miles on the clock recognise that biking can be like fishing - the gear catches more anglers than it ever does fish!

15. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

No worries mate, was only teasing... never thought for a minute you were gonna make an old duffers bike out of a bonny wee street meanie like that... spend away on what makes you happy! :rolleyes: Mind you... a nice set of 18" ape hangers and forward controls would look a treat!

;) (I am joking)

16. Hydrophobic Membrane

Hydrophobic Membrane Active Member

Jun 7, 2017
    Dorset
    Very, very nice :heart_eyes:

Much prefer the classic ST round lamps over the more 'modern' plastic ones!!

17. Adam_C

Adam_C Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2017
    West sussex
    IMG_0159.JPG The SC projects turned up last week and they are awesome! Pretty damn loud with the baffles out but a really nice tone to it!