Sprint So I Accidently Made My Sprint A Streetfighter Today

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by halfwaythrough, Aug 12, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. halfwaythrough

halfwaythrough Well-Known Member

May 14, 2019
    Worcestershire, UK
    So,

I had a little off today but destroyed my fairing, so I'm wondering if anyone can advise what parts I need to complete the job (streetfighter), tips on where to buy them from?

Thanks all

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Full story - how, where, who and any pics to aid assistance?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. halfwaythrough

May 14, 2019
    Worcestershire, UK
    Crappy tyres, slippy bend, too much brake and not enough road, it wasn't even a sharp bend! :laughing:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    halfwaythrough.
    Heart goes out to you. Been there done that and never learnt my lesson. Plenty of street fighter clubs out there may give you some idea's. But really just go with your head. Its just great you are still here to talk of it. I do hope you are clear of any injuries.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  5. stollydriver

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    If you want to retain value - go back to stock ( especially if not going via insurance - not registered). You really have to go extremely special to retain value if you go down street fighter Avenue. Glad you are ok and hope bike gets sorted soon.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. stollydriver

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    The first question I ask when I view a street fighter is " why was it turned into one?" If dropped - I avoid. Just me and my personal opinion- not the opinion of the masses.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. halfwaythrough

May 14, 2019
    Worcestershire, UK
    All good, just a bruised ego. Cheers bud.

8. halfwaythrough

May 14, 2019
    Worcestershire, UK
    Honestly, just want to get it back on the road asap at the moment. The front end plastics are trashed so have to go. I've been searching up parts most of the evening

9. NH955

NH955 New Member

Mar 28, 2020
    West Midlands
    I couldn't get on with the standard RS fairing and prefer naked bikes anyway so just bought a second hand fairing / headlight bracket cut off the unnecessary bits and run it like that . Not pretty but more comfy for me .

• Like Like x 1
  10. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    I am strangly intrigued by Street Fighters, which for a modern classic rider doesn't make much sense!

I have read a few times in this sort of thread that the conversion can cost thousands, where do the costs come from?

11. decrepitus

decrepitus Member

Mar 11, 2020
    carmarthen
    to be honest, you might have done untold damage to the engine, electrics, engine management system. anything really. so i would strongly advise selling it as soon as possible and buy a good bike. oh, by the way, did i mention i'm looking for a cheap sprint...?

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. swampy61

swampy61 Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2020
    Shropshire
    I did exactly the same....for pretty much the same reason.

• Like Like x 1
  13. swampy61

swampy61 Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2020
    Shropshire
    Ps I also have my original complete , straight fairing bracket if you need one if go back to original fairing .

14. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Essex
    Taken the lower fairing off to do a coolant change - think it looks quite nice. Can see the engine. Mind you - cannot for the life of me think why Triumph put the rectifier above the upper coolant hose.