Smartphone Holder 3d Print : Ram Mounts Vs Givi

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by froggy, Apr 8, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. froggy

froggy New Member

Feb 19, 2022
    France
    Hello
    I have a RAM Mounts smartphone holder (X Grip model) and I'm satisfied with it.
    But, when the temperature drops below 5 degrees C the smartphone loose is battery very quickly.
    Very unpleasant when you need Google Maps or Waze.
    The GIVI universal smartphone holder is a good product which provides a good protection in rainy or freezy conditions.
    I prefer the RAM Mounts system which provides a quick system to lock your phone.
    At the end, I have to install 2 mounting support on the handlebar because they are not compatible :(

So, I decided to design with Fusion 360 a “GIVI adapter” to fit to the RAM Mounts system changing the ball size.
    ram vs givi.png
    ramadaptergivi.png

Hope it will be usefull :)
    You can download all the files to print this adapter on PRUSA web site here

• Like Like x 1
  2. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Home of Amazing Grace
    I think what you really need is the Quadlock system with the anti vibration module and the wireless charging head. You will not find a system that allows you to fit your phone any quicker.

3. froggy

froggy New Member

Feb 19, 2022
    France
    Hello Baza
    I know the quad lock but it needs a specific cover wich is to big for my pocket

4. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Home of Amazing Grace
    Do you not use a case on your phone because the Quadlock cases are no bigger than any other case for any given phone.

5. froggy

froggy New Member

Feb 19, 2022
    France
    Hello
    No I don't use any case. That's why I have chosen the Ram mount system instead of the quad locker which would have been my second choice

6. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Home of Amazing Grace
    So how are you going to protect your phone’s camera from being damaged by vibrations from the bike. Is there an antivibe device for the Ram mount system?

If I were to criticise Quadlock it would be that you are give the Henry Ford option on the colour of your phone case but then you are getting into the world of fashion. Having said that my Quadlock case has saved my phone from damage on numerous occasions.

So much so that I cannot imagine using a phone without a case. The increase in overall size is absolutely minimal and gives me the opportunity to use the phone ring/stand which, with the larger phones like my 11 Pro Max, makes safe handling of the phone when taking photos whilst holding the subject in the other hand so much easier and with total confidence.