Featured Smart Key Cover

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Nixter, Apr 21, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Nixter

Nixter Well-Known Member

I have the keyless ignition smart key on my new RS. Got a bit concerned that I would beat it up rattling around in my pocket, or easily put it down somewhere. I found this on Amazon. Fits the slightly oversized key perfectly, and has a mesh screen to see the LED and make sure it is off without taking it in and out. Also has a clip to belt loop, backpack, etc. 681C28D4-E025-4DAF-9108-2E4C9BFE0F17.jpeg 681C28D4-E025-4DAF-9108-2E4C9BFE0F17.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  2. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Looks very neat indeed :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Linx

Linx Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2020
    Stratford Upon Avon, UK
    Excellent. Thanks for sharing!

4. Nixter

Nixter Well-Known Member

Very good point. I only use the clip to attach it to a loop inside my backpack while at work so I don’t have to dig for it. I have lost multiple things off my belt in the past while riding - a couple of sets of keys, a phone and multiple reading glasses. Also have a loop inside my 1 piece leathers I clip it to (no pockets).

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Jake Corner

Jake Corner New Member

Jul 8, 2020
    Innsbruck
    Do you have a link, Nixter ?

6. Nixter

Nixter Well-Known Member

I got it on Amazon. This is it.

B11A1142-AB44-4100-A63E-D1EAA73DD1BF.png

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Winglad

Winglad Crème de la Crème

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    Good point, but don‘t you get a display-message, when loosing the key? My Harley said something like „key-range“, if I left the key in the jacket and the jacket thrown over the garden fence while driving the bike into the garage.
    My Mini does the same.
    AND since I once lost one of those darned keys in an autumn forest, digging through leaves until sunset
    (I finally found it. That was in Italy and the spare was 700 klicks away): I now have this for the Mini. It is called Find-Mate and works in conjunction with the Mini-Connected-Software on the smartphone...
    1ED288B0-D3F5-480E-9AE5-838B1AE72814.jpeg
    It shows the position of the (lost) key on your map-screen... :yum

• Like Like x 1
  8. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    On the Scramble1200 you do get a display message telling you its lost connectivity to the key. As I discovered when riding off recently leaving the key in my garage. Trouble is it does this five times a ride even when fob is in your pocket

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. TheNakedTriple

TheNakedTriple Don't follow me, I'm lost too!

Aug 30, 2020
    North Kent.
    That’s a good idea. Too late for me though as mine battered already lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    I keep mine in my left jean pocket. Some of the folks on FB have relocated the fob sensor to be more responsive, by doing so if they use the standard key they can and don't need to remove the seat.

• Like Like x 3