Sprint Small Victories.....

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Fourbears, Feb 9, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Fourbears

Fourbears Noble Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Norfolk
    Well after changing the water pump and putting it all back together I got the Sprint started today! Hurrah! Gets up to temperature with no issues. The only thing I found was that it seems someone has put K Seal or similar in the coolant probably as they thought the head gasket had gone rather than finding the actual cause. So a few flushes later it seems clear apart from the header tank which still has some stuff in it. I will continue to clean that out until I am happy it has all gone. The only other thing is the noisy fuel pump/regulator. I presume the only thing to do is replace it as I have tried turning it round to no avail.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Fourbears

Fourbears Noble Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Norfolk
    Yes although it has 112k on it.... But it means I can tinker with something in the garage, in the warm and out of the rain unlike my daily driver, a MG TF. The Trumpet needs a bit of tidying but not bad for a 19 year old bike! The bellypan is broken on the right but I am thinking I can put it back together with a fibreglass? Other than that little things to be tidied - the water pump cost me £9!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Fourbears

Fourbears Noble Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Norfolk
    Still cheaper than new though!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Fourbears

Fourbears Noble Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Norfolk
    On another note the top fork seals look like they are leaking. Presumably I can replace them without dismantling the entire fork assembly? I know I have to take the forks out but they need painting anyway so no hardship there.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fourbears

Fourbears Noble Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Norfolk
    More small ones! Hazard light and headlamp flash switches working now. Header tank cleaned and back on so just got to finish flushing the system and put it all together. That will have to wait until after the 'snow' has finished so I don't make my drive into a skating rink!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fourbears

Fourbears Noble Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Norfolk
    Would this be ok??-
    upload_2018-2-28_12-29-58.png

7. Fourbears

Fourbears Noble Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Norfolk
    Well today I changed the fuel pump so it is a lot quieter now. Eeerily quiet! I did manage to shear off one of the nuts when tightening them up so have got to get a new one. I also changed the fuel level sensor so I can now see I apparently have half a tank of fuel! Plus the MIL light is off! Removed the front of the fairing in preparation for changing the fork seals. I also found that the tank appears to have swollen in size as the mounts do not quite line up - I know this is a common problem so any ideas on how to sort this out gratefully received!

8. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    You have to empty the tank and it will shrink slowly.

9. Fourbears

Fourbears Noble Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Norfolk
    Sprinter thanks, I will find something to put the fuel in!