Skid Lids

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Volksrat, Apr 29, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Volksrat

Volksrat Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Peterborough
    Just added a Nexx XG100 to my helmet collection...

[​IMG]

Does anyone else have several helmets they use ??

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    #2 Dougie D, Apr 29, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    i only have 2 i use, a Shoe Qwest i bought it because it was getting rave reviews for being the quietest lid..crap it's no quieter than any other lid I've had,and i have an open face for all those glorious days we have up here in Scotland!..i have kept 2 of my old lids, one a Kevin Schwantz replica that i got about 25 years ago..still trying to meet him to get it signed! and another one that my mate painted (a pink floyd theme to match my bike at the time!)

• Like Like x 1
  3. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    I just have one lid, Schulberth C3. Definately the quietest lid I've ever owned.
    Fancy getting an open face one as well thou, just not sure which one

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2015
    Eccleshall, Staffs
    Sounds similar, I have Arai full face, Arai Tour X, Arai SZ open face and Davida for the Thruxton....pick up new Shoei J Cruise tomorrow...think I have a problem, but to be fair the Tour X is on E Bay

Teejay

5. topbanana0

topbanana0 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2016
    South Wales
    Just going slightly off topic, but as some of you mentioned open face helmets.
    Watched one of those a&e documentarys the other day. A guy was in after a motorbike v car accident, don't think the accident was originally that bad. But he had an open face helmet on, and face planted the cars door pillar. Omg his face was an absolute mess, had to have major reconstruction to his face.
    Never wore one for that reason.

6. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    Not really that off topic. Yes they have increased risks.
    But the level of risk that you find acceptable is a personal thing.
    I'm a retired nurse, worked in most areas I can truly say that everything has a risk.
    Yes reduce risk to a level you find acceptable but why worry about it.
    You are more likely to be killed walking across the road than riding a bike.

7. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    If you don't like risks buy a volvo:p:p:eek:

• Like Like x 1
  8. James ellerby

James ellerby Active Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Manchester
    Hello Volksrat
    I have been reviewing the Nexx lid for a couple of weeks - what do you think of it ?

9. Volksrat

Feb 24, 2016
    Peterborough
    A great lid for the money, that said they're snug, I'm a medium and this medium just fits I think a Large would've been just too big for me... (I hope it'll 'wear in')

• Like Like x 1
  10. tigerted

tigerted Member

May 9, 2016
    eastbourne

11. tigerted

tigerted Member

May 9, 2016
    eastbourne
    Hi I like your idea of displaying them like that. I too seem to have a problem in not retiring any of my old helmets.
    I currently have two cheapie flip fronts, Nolan 104 Flip Front, Schuberth C3 which is a great lid, and because I love the TT an Arai 2014 TT Helmet. That was it until I went onto the Crossan Motorcycle two weeks ago and saw they were taking orders for this years Arai TT helmet so ordered one. Its not as if I am loaded with money either and I could have a weeks holiday in France for the cost of it but blow it I am 65 so I might as well get what I want now rather than later.I hope that's convinced you because its what I will be saying to my wife when it arrives.

12. Volksrat

Feb 24, 2016
    Peterborough
    I used equestrian hat racks that I found on eBay for around £7 each (a lot cheaper than Motorbike ones)

13. tigerted

tigerted Member

May 9, 2016
    eastbourne
    Thanks Volksrat that's a good tip as I like to save money where I can.

14. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Bargain mate - well done!

15. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Just ordered a new lid for summer from ebay, the Shark RAW to go with my bike, plus a double helmet rack to put them on the wall.
    OB-UP784_itrium_P_20120918001226.jpg shark_raw_stripe_helmet_zoom.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. Wasp

Wasp Well-Known Member

May 14, 2016
    Burnley NWUK
    I used to have quite a few - reps mainly - Sheene/Doohan in particular. Sold the Sheene rep and really REALLY regret it.

Now have AGV GP Pro Rossi World Cup rep - Arai Chaser V Schwantz Pepsi rep.

Thinking of getting the X-Lite Carbon and getting rid of the rest. Or maybe a standard matt black AGV K5, so if anyone has any knowledge of living with these helmets, please let me know!

ATB

Bob

17. dan1050triple

dan1050triple Member

May 31, 2016
    wirral
    just got this new xlite carbon fiber helmet today IMG_5179.JPG IMG_5179.JPG IMG_5177.JPG IMG_5176.JPG IMG_5180.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  18. elfin

elfin Member

Mar 18, 2016
    London
    Great idea on the helmet racks.

19. Wasp

Wasp Well-Known Member

May 14, 2016
    Burnley NWUK
    I love that carbon fibre xlite.

Mate has one and says its noisy! How do you find it dan?

Thinkin of the plain Carbon one like urs or the one with Union Jack on each side.

ATB

Bob

20. dan1050triple

dan1050triple Member

May 31, 2016
    wirral
    had a ride to wales today with it vision left and right is very good with out turning your head. i have a size m the fit it good does not move atall its nice a light didnt not notice any noise. well made. the only thing i dont like is the visor lock its on the side of the visor not easy to lock and unlock with gloves on i left it unlock the whole ride the visor did not lift with the lock off even on the motoway over all am very happy with it, the cost is pretty high but am glad i got it