Featured Sideburns Speed Rs Mods

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Sideburn, Feb 6, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Everything looks outstanding. Small things are big things, eh? Your attention to detail and the way things work together is super. One question---where did you get that red right side rear wheel finisher / axle cover? Love it...want it!

2. Sideburn

Sideburn Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2018
    Colorado
    Thanks, yea they sure do. The axle cover is Evotech's rear wheel slider. It looks great and is a nice finish. See the early posts in this thread for details.

Cheers,

3. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Looks absolutely beautiful. I may have to add a carbon hugger. Must look stunning in the sunlight.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sideburn

Nov 27, 2018
    Colorado
    Thanks bud, yea it really does. The sunlight just makes all the carbon bits shine brilliantly. The chain guard is a nice touch too. It's more solid than the original and since I went with fiberglass backed, I think almost the same thickness. For the hugger I used 8mm stainless washers (1) for each bolt to reduce the shoulder depth.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Well, I just got my Rizoma Pro taper pegs and the Speed Triple adapters from Motovation. The adapters they sent me are black! It looks like the ones you have on your bike are gray-silver. Hey look at the pegs and silver and I'm not a fan of the black adapters. When I called they said the adapters are only made in black. Am I missing something?

6. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    A quick edit... I should never use voice dictation late at night.

7. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I ordered the pegs in silver and I'm not a fan of the black adapters.

8. Sideburn

Nov 27, 2018
    Colorado
    Yea I don’t think that’s correct. Mine are not black. Mine are brushed aluminum.

The part number for the adapters is PE760A

9. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks! That's what I thought from your previous thread comments. I'll call Motivation with that specific part number (which I thought I gave them the first time around) and see what's what. How long ago did you order the adapters you have on your bike?

10. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Just spoke with Jacob at Motovation. He said that Rizoma's website only shows black available now--PE760B (PE760A is the brushed aluminum). But he's going to call and check on whether he can get the brushed aluminum. Black adapters and silver pegs just won't cut it for me. It would be nice to not be quite so OCD with my bikes! Sigh. Well, I could also go with black pegs, I guess. Or leave on the stockers.

11. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    I have all black and think it looks awesome. A little more stealth. There is no way I could’ve kept the stock pegs on, they are awful.

AB57594C-6917-4144-83A7-63D9123BACA8.jpeg

12. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    One more photo.

6ACD004B-7791-4BF1-A638-15F0528AD1F0.jpeg

13. Sideburn

Nov 27, 2018
    Colorado
    Those guys are great so hopefully they can hook you up. I’m pretty OCD myself and I’d be the same as you. However I’d do the black before I went back to stock!

14. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Yep, Motovation in Austin is awesome. After speaking and e-mailing with Jacob there today, I decided to keep the black adapters. I ordered the Rizoma B-Pro Round Racing pegs and am returning the silver Pro Taper pegs. I have round Roland Sands pegs on my H-D Dyna and like them a lot. So, anyway, I'm gonna the round Rizomas a try. I'll let you know what I think. BTW, I have a PowerBronze screen on my bike now and love it! No surprise that it doesn't much help with helmet/head buffeting but it sure keeps a lot of wind off my chest. Not sure how it would work for someone taller than me. I'm 5/7". I'll post some pics of my bike one of these days--probably when I get the pegs on. As always, thanks for your photos, feedback, and opinions!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sideburn

Nov 27, 2018
    Colorado
    Great! Look forward to seeing them, please post picks for sure! Yea the screen is great. Last weekend I hit a 40 MPH headwind and I crouched down as low as it could and WOW what a difference that screen made. It was actually a cool 5 mile, straightaway experience!

16. Sideburn

Nov 27, 2018
    Colorado
    Added a few more carbon pieces. Actually swapped out the battery cover from twill to plain. I went with fiberglass backed to add some thickness to match the OEM and the fit is perfect. The 100% carbon was just a bit too thin IMHO. I absolutely love the look and interesting lines it provides over stock, but to each their own.

For the lower chain guard I actually left the stock aluminum on and placed the carbon on top. It actually looks pretty sick with the metal showing through. Pictures aren't great but you get the idea.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    #77 SteveRS, Apr 13, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    Looks good buddy. The thicker plain carbon I think looks better as well. It matches the carbon on the sides of the bike. Chain guard looks nice too, but I went with the “let’s get rid of the useless piece of aluminum and plastic” approach ;). I’ve just never liked chain guards. To me they belong in the same category as reflectors.

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. Stue007

Stue007 Active Member

Mar 10, 2019
    Germany
    I like the looks of the carbon chain guard. Which one have you got?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Sideburn

Nov 27, 2018
    Colorado
    Got mine from Motocomposites. Great company, excellent quality. I went with fiberglass backed for the guards

• Like Like x 2
  20. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I finally got some pics Powerbronze screen, Rizoma Leggera front turn signals, and my Rizoma B-Pro pegs. And just a couple of profile shots of my bike too, complete with cactus background. :cool: Happy Easter!

IMG_2965.jpeg

IMG_2973.jpeg

IMG_2967.jpeg

IMG_2968.jpeg

IMG_2971.jpeg

IMG_2970.jpeg

IMG_2972.jpeg

IMG_2964.jpeg

IMG_2976.jpeg

• Like Like x 5