Featured Sideburns Speed Rs Mods

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Sideburn, Feb 6, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sideburn

Sideburn Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2018
    Colorado
    LOL banned? Because it kills flys? Weird, yea eBay man, looks great, shipped to my door in less than a week.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Sideburn

Nov 27, 2018
    Colorado
    Hands down the best upgrade so far. These pegs are so much better than the stock pegs, at least for the boots I wear. They have grip, but not too much and the ends have only a small lip, making it easier to shift your feet as needed. Bonus is you get even more ridiculous ground clearance :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  3. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Yup, they are awesome aren’t they. I really like the silver too. Yeah the small outer lip is soo much better as well. When your foot is on the peg you don’t have a uncomfortable end sticking up, that always pissed me off. Not the best mod I’ve done, but it’s definitely a good one.

4. Sideburn

Nov 27, 2018
    Colorado
    Agreed, the lip is the worst part. When I say best upgrade I don't mean in terms of ascetics or anything, I mean pure practicality and unarguably better. The OEMs just suck ballzzz once you've ridden these.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Yup, as far as an interface upgrade it’s top notch. Sooo much more comfortable :yum. If you guys just do one mod to your bikes, trust us on this, make it these pegs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Those pegs look great and it sounds like they ride at least as well. Just to confirm (after my fly screen debacle), these are Rizomas, right (Part #P404155)? I was looking at the red ones but after seeing your photos I think I'd stick with the silver ones which look great and are nice and subtle.

7. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Well, I thought since I'd been asking so many questions and getting so many great responses that I'd share a few pics of one of the mods I did. These are Motogadget m.View Blade mirrors. Had to replace the bar end caps with non-stock and luckily the Street Triple ones worked perfectly! These mirrors are tiny but have an amazingly good rear view, especially for their size. They don't have glass in them--the reflective part is diamond polished aluminum. One of my favorite mods to my bike....so far anyway! :)

IMG_2354.jpeg

IMG_2357.jpeg

IMG_2359.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  8. Sideburn

Nov 27, 2018
    Colorado
    Dang, those look sweet. I like the shape of the mirror.

9. Sideburn

Nov 27, 2018
    Colorado
    I’m not sure of the Rizoma PN but I got these from motivationusa here in the US. The pegs are the Pro Tapered In silver PE614A and the adapters are PE760A. You can rotate the pegs to suit your riding style and tighten them down. The adapters perfectly match the other aluminum parts and the pegs are a great, subtle contrast. I liked the black too so it was a hard choice.

Road for about 30 miles today and they were awesome.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks! The shape is a big part of the reason I chose that particular model. I've had CRG round bar end mirrors on two previous Triumphs I owned (both Thruxtons) but wanted something on my RS that had a shape that mirrored (pun sort of intended) the shapes on the bike...tank, tail, etc. There's another model in the same line of Rizoma mirror called the m.View Flight that is a similar shape as the Blade but a little larger and not quite as angular.

11. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks for the feedback on the Rizoma pegs after your ride today. I got my Rizoma front turn signals from Motovation and love those guys. I appreciate you supplying the model name and part numbers. And nice to know about being able to rotate them and how they look aesthetically on the bike. Ahhh, another thing to buy. ;-)

12. Sideburn

Nov 27, 2018
    Colorado
    No problem! Yea you’ll like these. Post pics when you get them.

13. Spspeed

Spspeed Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Michigan
    Thanks for posting that picture and then later sharing the part number. Found one on eBay and can't wait to get it. Thanks!!!!!!

14. Sideburn

Nov 27, 2018
    Colorado
    Awesome, you’ll love it. It actually looks better too IMHO

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I was about to go for it and order the Rizoma "Pro Tapered Racing footpegs and adapters from Motovation. But then I saw Rizoma's other racing pegs, the B-Pro Round Racing footpegs. Did any of you guys consider that Rizoma footpeg model? Now I'm mixed. The B-Pro has a delrin slider cap on the end too. Not sure that would help all that much but I guess it couldn't hurt. I have round Roland Sands footpegs on my Dyna and like those. Thoughts from all you pro modders out there?!

16. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Yup, looked at both, for me it was easy pro taper baby.

17. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks for your quick response, Steve. The pro taper is the direction I was and still am leaning. The style and shape really compliment the lines of the bike. And it sounds like they are grippy and comfortable and work great.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Sideburn

Nov 27, 2018
    Colorado
    I liked the more subtle look of the ones I got and wasn’t a huge fan of the derlin endcap.

19. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks for your input, Sideburn. I’m inclined to agree. Who wants their pegs to stand out? I’ve made a point to have my other mods sleek and and unobtrusive. Rizoma Leggera front turn signals, Evotech tail tidy, Motodynamics integrated taillight, etc. So why should my pegs be any different? I appreciate the feedback from you and Steve. You guys are my “Mod Heroes”. I’m placing my order for the Pro tapered mañana!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Sideburn

Nov 27, 2018
    Colorado
    Ok, sorry about the horrendous lighting but it was after dark in my garage. I got the rear wheel taken off, thanks to helpful folks here on the forum and managed to install a few carbon bits.

Overall I'm loving the look a lot more than I thought I would. It is amazing how much better a mesh of carbon looks vs. black plastic. Funny that one of my favorite pieces I've added is the reservoir cover below. And it was less than 30 seconds to install ;)

All pieces have been from Motocomposites in Canada, and they are outstanding. Every piece fit like factory. I talked to one of the experts there and he recommended the hugger and chainguard be in fiberglass instead of pure carbon like everything else. The fiberglass is quite resistant to crud, grease and other bits that get picked up by chain and wheel.

Pics don't do it justice, it's outstanding in the sunlight!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a great way to breakup the abundance of black and it's the cheapest piece!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5