Featured Shoei Ryd Bargain!

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by MattGaydon, Nov 21, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    I’ve just updated my helmet to a Shoei RYD...it’s a relatively basic helmet but it gets reviewed well and my wife has one and loves it!

Anyway...

They’re £300 most places but Motolegends do a 10% price beat guarantee. So I looked online and found it on sports bike shop for £239 on sale and Motolegends have agreed to take an additional 10% off making it £215!!!!

To me that’s a bargain so grab one whilst they’re hot!!

Ride safe

• Like Like x 6
  2. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    I've had an RYD for 6 months and its super comfy, I downsized the lining a few mm and it fits nicely on my massive noggin, Shoei JO for the gentle local rides next summer me thinks

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    Hey matt, i seen your post regarding the shoei RYD helmet, as i was looking for a new helmet i thought that i would have a look, i sent them an email and had a reply that they agree the price match, i tried calling them today to order and pay with the number they supplied in the email, my phone wouldnt allow the call as its a premium number which is an 0844 number, i can see that this company also trades as grand prix legends, i tried calling their number too but no answer, i have also looked up some reviews on motolegends which has a lot of negative reviews, some say shocking customer service and problems with returns and rufunds etc, so…… did you order the helmet and did all go well? im yet to find out as to whether i can contact them tomorrow on their grand prix legends number….. not too impressed up until now i have to say…….

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    When you say down sized the lining, was that cos it was too big and if so do it do the trick or does it need the polystyrene as well?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Angus

Angus Noble Member

Mar 19, 2017
    South Africa
    I’ve had a pleasant experience with them fairly recently when I bought a jacket from them mate. My experience with customs though in my own country was not as pleasant :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    Yep all ordered without a problem...used them numerous times as they’re local and had no problem!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    Thats my shoei RYD helmet ordered, bargain price…..!
    £215.99 .

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    #9 Repooh, Nov 23, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    Like most Shoei you can get three liners for each shell size(13mm, 9mm=std and 5mm from memory) . In my case the L was a tad tight, as I bought it from an approved Shoei shop, they ordered in a liner one size down which reduced liner by 4mm went from 9mm to 5mm, i.e gave me 4mm more space thus making the fit less tight, they fitted it and no extra cost, bingo.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    Hello repooh, so are you saying that the three liners are available when you buy the helmet new or do you mean there are three different sizes available if you want to replace the liner or if after some time you find the helmet a little too tight/loose after wearing it a few times…..

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    My new shoei RYD helmet will be here tomorrow , customer services are very good, very polite too, so i it looks like they will be getting a good review from me…….

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    It comes with a standard liner, if you want to loosen or tighten you can go up or down a liner size. This is a service the official Shoei resellers offer. You need to decide at time of purchase if you want it done as part if the sale, otherwise I think the liners are £35 ish

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    Arrived today...looks and fits great so well pleased! The colour is much nicer in person!
    6E2623EF-1CED-4701-AA41-FAE82BAD06B0.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    Hey Matt, heres mine that arrived today too, well pleased, very comfortable although not road tested yet……. and at a bargain price thanks to you and your brilliant post…….

IMG_1269.JPG

IMG_1270.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  16. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK

That black chair in the background make your helmet look like its got a spoiler on the back…….:joy:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    Haha it does! I paid extra for the spoiler...makes it more aerodynamic!

Glad you got one it seems a bargain at the moment!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    oh yes , your post came at the perfect time, i did find that you could get the Arai for £229 with 10% discount, but i decided on the Ryd as it has removable lining, and it looks better too, and my last helmet ive had for the last 10 yrs was a shoei so im very happy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    Anyone who has this helmet…

I’ve dropped mine (t**t) so if you want a photo chromatic visor for yours get in touch…or check the for sale section here!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    How much you asking for it Matt.

• Agree Agree x 1