Shoei Gt Air Ii Helmet Visor Issues

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Mkelly21, Sep 20, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mkelly21

Mkelly21 New Member

Jun 22, 2019
    Essex
    Good evening boys & girls,

I'm having a few issues with my brand new Shoei GT Air II helmet, for the life of me I'm absolutely & utterly unable to get the visor to click down into the visor clamp.

I've done a short video which is in this link

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks in advance, Mark

2. Oz228

Oz228 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2019
    Inverness
    GT Air is exactly the same. I press down firmly using the base of my palm right on the top centre part of the visor and it will clip into place

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mkelly21

Mkelly21 New Member

Jun 22, 2019
    Essex
    Thanks for that tip, I’ll give it a try..

4. Bonnie1980

Bonnie1980 Bonneville T120 Black

Aug 6, 2019
    South East England
    This is not a fault but the helmet is designed as such in case you want to prevent condensation or want to let air in during hot weather. I may be wrong but had read somewhere that the visors in earlier models by Shoei could not be locked down so Shoei came up with this stupid idea.

I have a GT Air II and hate this clamping mechanism. I close the visor with my left hand and then push the notch further down with left index finger or with 4 fingers at the centre. Has worked so far.

5. Mkelly21

Mkelly21 New Member

Jun 22, 2019
    Essex
    Thanks for the replies on this.. very helpful & glad I’m not alone with this..

Cheers Mark

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mkelly21

Mkelly21 New Member

Jun 22, 2019
    Essex
    Just wanted to close the loop on this as I hate finding a forum post that doesn't have a decent conclusion.

I wasn't happy with how my visor was sitting on my helmet so I made the journey up to Milton Keynes to Sportsbikeshop (where I purchased from)

They have a visor which has cutouts where the screw holes are for the baseplates, this allowed them to set the visor in exactly the right position and then do the screws up - something I would never have been able to to, took the young fella about 20mins to sort, we were having a good chat about bikes too..

So my advice is leave it to the experts and have them sort it out.

All's well that ends well... just need it to stop raining so much now!!!

Ride safe

• Like Like x 3