Shed N Buried

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by DCS222, Nov 22, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Don’t watch much telly, but just found this program... irritating dude aside, where the hell do they find all the deposits of vehicles and oddments??? It’s a bloody goldmine every time???

2. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    A setup for the cameras

3. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I've watched Henry and Sam searching through these sheds for most episodes now and what always amazes me is the amount of decent stuff that's been left outside to rot. Even more annoying are the items at the back of the barn that haven't seen the light of day for years but for some reason the old tosser selling the stuff wants a ridiculous price or won't sell it!
    Cole can be a bit of a twat at times but Sam Lovegrove really knows and understands classic bikes and is a superb mechanic. In fact, he's Brough Superiors chief mechanic - he's on the posters at their stand at the Bike Show.

20171122_153206.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  4. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

But that’s what I’m talking about, how do they find all these people that have these barns full of gear?

5. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Researchers researching for months before the episodes are filmed. Or filling a barn with what makes a good programme.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Yes mate! "Oh look there just happens to be half an aircraft fuselage, a hovercraft engine and some caterpillar tracks over there"
    Don't remember seeing anything like that in my local scrap yard when I was part hunting for my old MkII Cortina!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Mr Toad

Mr Toad Senior Member

Oct 14, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    A lot of it will be set up for the camera but a lot of old stuff only survives because there are people who hoard and never part with or throw anything away. And, true to form many of them hoard stuff because when/if they do try and sell it they never get what they think it's worth so hang on to it rather than let it go.

I know a farmer, dad of a mate of mine, who has several old tractors, just like Shed & Buried, and there's no logic in his reasoning.

That tractor's no good any more, I need a new one.

What do you mean it's only worth £200, that's a bloody good tractor that is.

If that's true then why are you buying a new one?

Huh! I'd rather let it rot than give it away for that much!

I used to love winding him up. Everything he has is worth money and lots of it, but only he can see it. One day he'll be gone and my mate will sell the lot for what it's really worth and someone will no doubt restore some of it, only because he's had it so long.

He kept every car he's ever owned simply because when he replaced them nobody would pay him what he thought they were worth.

The world is full of these people.

As someone who spent nearly three years looking for an early 60s Triumph to restore as a project when I retired I have first hand experience. I eventually got sick of looking at boxes of rusted shite and being told......That'll be a great bike when it's done up, worth 15 to 20 grand that will. I want 5 grand for it and I'm cutting my own throat at that. FFS!!!

Even showing them bikes for sale on the internet that were in great condition and in use for between 5 and 10 grand wouldn't move them.

So, when Shed & Buried buy a 60s Triumph, or whatever it was for under £2k, can't remember if it was 1600 or 1800, give it a wipe down with Mr Sheen then fire it up and ride off on it you'll forgive me for thinking it's a complete set-up!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  8. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    You just live in the wrong area Steve, haven’t you ever wondered why your house prices are so low??

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

i like to think of scrap heap challenge a bit like the A team, just happen to have exactly what they need to make interesting watching... imagine if Hannibal and dudes got locked in a barn and it just had bog all in it!!! “Oh Capt. Smith, you’re still here!” Bang bang, dead!!!

:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Tricolore

Tricolore Active Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Midlands

I quite like it and SL always makes me smile with his love, interest and knowledge in anything old.

There was one episode from Ireland or IOM this guy had some amazing old race bikes, he had 2 or 3 of the same model just sitting in a barn.

Almost hard to believe

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

:DThey never make themselves known to me

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    The thing is mention the name Brough Superior and people think British, well unfortunately the Brough Superior in the picture and the ones at the NEC have a modern French developed engine. Yuk.

Want to see an original one that gets used,,,,call into Staffordshire Triumph.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Between 1988 and 1995 I was driving a tipper wagon for a living, mostly running onto farms and collecting wheat, barley, oil seed rape and oats etc, plus delivering animal feed just for a bit of variety. Despite looking in literally hundreds of barns and outbuildings on these farms, the best (only!) bikes I found were a Kawasaki Z200 and a Benelli 250cc two stroke twin which was owned by a family member who was out of the country at the time. The Benelli was certainly salvageable, the Kawasaki wasn't.

SIGH!!: unamused:

• Like Like x 3
  14. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Every time I open my shed, ( outer london barn that is) I look in hopefully and say “ sh^t it’s still a lawnmower!”

• Funny Funny x 4
  15. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Not even good enough for spares and repairs!!:(

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Storage Wars is the same shit3 Why would you leave a Harley worth 10,000 in a lock up that you only owe 200 pounds on?

17. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    lots of repeats sometimes worth a watch but Henry voice can be a tad annoying,lots of tractor stuff boring but ocassional good bike n bike related stuff.

18. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Lives in my neck of the woods, seen him out and about a few times, was on an old 2 wheeled something or other coming out of Portreath the other week. (so not all for the cameras)

• Like Like x 2
  19. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    not that good a friend imho i remember they bought a old triumph and Sam lived it so much he wanted to buy it,Henry sold it to somebody else for very little more than sam offered some fecking best pal that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Mindergaz

Mindergaz Member

Nov 15, 2016
    Castleford west yorkshire
    Well you can tell it’s near Christmas as Marley and Scrooge have certainly risen to the top of the group. Why can’t we just enjoy this homage to bikes and machines by a real enthusiast who actually finances the programme himself ... you will all be telling me STAR TREK isn’t real next ... seriously stop living up to the stereotypical OLD FART title a lot of other bikers think of us TRIUMPH guys.. Love you all but chill man ( Henry Cole would have said that )

• Like Like x 2
  21. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

I enjoy the program well enough... I imagine Henry is much better to chat to than the program portrays. I just never get invited to any of these amazing sheds and buildings full of interesting poke around gear. I do suffer the green eyes of envy.