Setting Electronic Timing - 1968 Unit

Discussion in 'Vintage Classics' started by Daniel Howden, Apr 14, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Daniel Howden

Daniel Howden New Member

Mar 28, 2018
    Norfolk
    Hi, i am using the Electrex World electronic timing setup. It seems like a very well put together kit and I have a good spark right away but I am confused by the static timing procedure.

I have tried to contact Electrex World several times but it seems their after sales is so poor that they will not come back to me. They do have an install sheet but this is also unclear.

So to explain, I have a punch mark on the stator ring. Also I have an FA mark on the rotor and looking clockwise from that I have a 38* mark. Would I be correct in thinking that at TDC I should have the 38* mark lined up with the punch mark on the stator ring? That way when the rotor mark FA gets to the punch mark and fires the pistons will be at 38* BTDC.

I hope I have explained that ok, it's kind of confusing me!

Thanks, Daniel.

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

2. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    I don't know this system but i would think you have to set your engine at 38 deg BTC with the aligning tool in the hole behind the cylinders and set the FA to the red dot :)

3. Daniel Howden

Daniel Howden New Member

Mar 28, 2018
    Norfolk
    Brilliant, thanks. That makes perfect sense.

• Like Like x 1