Service options (Scotland)

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Neil Emsley, Apr 11, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Neil Emsley

Neil Emsley New Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Highlands, Scotland
    Hi, I just joined the forum as I treated myself to a 2009 Bonneville T100 last week. I have two queries which I would appreciate any feedback on;

1. Is anyone aware of any watchouts with my new bike which I need to watch for or address?
    2. Can anyone recommend a service/ repair/ MOT station within my region (Fort William)?

Just had my first ride out up here on a fab weather day (unusual I know!) and it was fantastic. It's been 15 years since I last rode a bike!

Cheers,

Neil

2. carelesschucca

Apr 9, 2016
    Kilsyth, Scotland
    I can't help with where to service, but I can say I'm jealous of where you are... Your nearest Offical Triumph dealership is probably Glasgow (part of Ducati's Glasgow)

I have a love for the B863, Kinlochleven Loop. It's one of my favourite roads anywhere.

I suppose if you were desperate to get a proper triumph service you could take the trip down. It's not as if the roads are boring.

3. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    welcome in Neil. What a great feeling, great bike , great roads , great weather, makes you wonder why you ever stropped riding! I think 15 years is the most an ex biker can do

4. Samuel F

Samuel F Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Glasgow
    Posting a reply just to be informed, I just bought a t100 Saturday( after 5 years of waiting), and I'm also living in Glasgow. but I'll introduce myself correctly when the delivery will be done.

5. Sandyb

Sandyb New Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Carnoustie
    If it main dealer your after then Shirlaw's in Aberdeen, used them last year for servicing my Kawasaki before getting my Newchurch from them. Found them to be good and helpful. plus if you get the weather its a nice run over by Braemar to Aberdeen.

6. jogler56

jogler56 Member

Apr 19, 2016
    Cornwall
    Hi Neil and welcome. l am a bit like you in that I have just brought a 2002 Bonnie and have not ridden since the mid eighties and before I had the hip replaced. Bike should be with me by end of April. Can't wait. 30 years is a long time so I am a bit apprehensive. Opposite end of country to you as I am down in Cornwall. Love Scotland, particularly Skye. Best of luck with the bike - enjoy.

7. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    #7 thebiglad, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    Hi Neil and welcome to the Triumph Playground.

Re servicing, in view of the distances involved and the fact that the bike is out of manufacturers warranty,I would be strongly advising you to do the maintenance yourself. Honestly there's not too much to do and what there is is so straightforward.

I do all the maintenance on our vehicles and keep computer based records in spreadsheets so I know (and anyone else who needs to know) fully what's been done to the bike, see pic:

screenshot_82.png

8. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    #8 Rooster, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    You could try this guy. http://www.muddysump.com

He is a Triumph trained mechanic who comes to you. Lot cheaper than a Triumph dealer.

• Like Like x 1