security ?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Gav1979, Jan 18, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I'm going to hand out photos of my mother in law as a forum special, you strap it to your tank and it keeps everyone away. Warning do not look directly at it!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    Washing your pride & joy outside your house may be an only option for some, but if you can wash it out of view of local scum you'll be going some way to prevent unwanted attention from local scroats. Always, I say always lock your bike to something solid. A proven ground anchor is a sound investment even in a locked garage, but especially outside.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tony Rokins

Tony Rokins Active Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Reading, U.K.
    I've ordered a Datatool TrakKing for my Speedy RS as a better option that an alarm. Has anybody had experience with using a tracking system on their bike?
    Cheers
    T

4. Tony Rokins

Tony Rokins Active Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Reading, U.K.

5. Hack Driver

Hack Driver Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Denton, Maryland USA
    Hi Folks -

I've been watching a series of YouTube videos from the Lock Picking Lawyer and Bosnian Bill. My takeaway from watching about 50 of their videos is that there isn't a lock that can't be easily defeated. The Lock Picking Lawyer uses a nail gun called a Ramset to instantly break open the best locks and, unfortunately, it's all right there on YouTube for our criminal friends to easily learn the trade. Here is an example of what I'm talking about -
    You can probably find any lock you are considering in one of their videos.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. youngy

youngy Active Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Peterborough
    the twat that posted that video needs a nailgun to the temple.

7. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    I like the idea of a tazer sewn into the seat that can be activated when it exceeds a set range, similar to this:

• Like Like x 4
  8. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Paranoia is the best form of security!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    I guess it's like. ...rock and a hard place :eek:

Because knowing my luck , I'll get charged for causing injury and to top it up might get sued by the thieving scum:mad:. But at least I'll have the satisfaction of frying his balls :joy:

• Like Like x 1