Se Hump Hurts My Rump

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by LouHela, May 27, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jadorff

Jadorff Noble Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Adelaide Australia
    I have the same as this seat its pretty good better than the ironing board seat they come with

IMG_1877.jpg

2. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I suspect a number MC companies do this, Smilinjack, not just Triumph. I've taken to calling such parts (seats, pegs, grips, exhaust) "placeholders". Those parts are on a new bike when you buy it but so many people change them out that the MC companies put generic, not-so-great stock parts on knowing that many buyers will purchase aftermarket parts more to their liking. This might be a case of the chicken or egg, though. Do people change those types of parts out because they're shite or are do people change them out because they're shite? Re. seats, I don't think I've ridden a stock seat on any of my bikes for more than a few months before changing them out. However, my list of bikes I've owned only includes two companies--Harley-Davidson and Triumph. But a lot of other folks I know who own other brands have also switched out their seats from stock.