SE baffle removal

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by steve lovatt, Oct 12, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Andy-K2

Andy-K2 Knowledge is power for which I have neither!

Apr 26, 2017
    Bristol UK
    Old thread I know but hoping the OP is still around or anyone else who has done it...

Can the baffle be removed with a smaller hole saw say a 38mm or do the gubbins inside require a 44mm to do the job?

Thanks for a reply to such an old post.

2. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I used the 44mm cutter because that was the only one I had! You could use 38mm for a slightly smaller opening.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Andy-K2

Apr 26, 2017
    Bristol UK
    #42 Andy-K2, Jul 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    Thank you Steve. I suppose if I thought about it I would have come up with that reason as it would have been the same for me too :grinning: I appreciate your reply and I guess my question might wake this useful thread up for the new members like myself. :) Great thread Steve and thank you for posting it those months ago. We all like cheap mods.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  4. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Yeah, interesting thread... wonder what it'd do for my Legend triple??? I could use a free tone upgrade...

5. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Quick question Andy K2 asked me about this yesterday do the standard cans carry the cat ath the front of them and by drilling the baffle out would this not affect things or does it run ok Im planning on removing the AIS on it same as mine with tors runs sweet with no popping & a remap with tune ecu oem map so his options are cut out baffles with tank cutter cheapest option or pay Mr Hyde £400 for a nice set of shiney toga tors.

6. Andy-K2

Apr 26, 2017
    Bristol UK
    Still might go with the shiney TOR's Rudeboy, I mentioned it to wifey and she said how much more do you intend to do, I couldn't answer :yum

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Well you found the original set at an absolute give away price tell her I said it's ok I'll take the wrap m8 buy her something nice it will be fine didn't quite work out that way with me the bike purchase cost I a new car for her 10 grande

8. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Well you found the original set at an absolute give away price tell her I said it's ok I'll take the wrap m8 buy her something nice it will be fine didn't quite work out that way with me the bike purchase cost I a new car for her 10 grande

• Funny Funny x 2