Screen and weather protection

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by toffeeboy, Jul 23, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. toffeeboy

toffeeboy Active Member

Jul 21, 2016
    cheshire
    Whilst out on my T120 test ride the heavens opened and it started to rain like I've not seen for a while. So I'm thinking that a screen would've helped from both wind and spray/water problems so what looks good and 'works' to help reduce wind buffeting and helping with a bit of weather protection?

Also having had faired bikes for such a long time I'd forgotton just how quickly your pants get soaked, guess that's just the nature of the beast

2. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Definitely thinking about a screen perhaps the medium Triumph accessory one.

Perhaps gel pads in the seat but will use Saddlecraft for this

3. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    I also favour small screens on my naked bikes. They provide enough protection without creating loads of turbulence and they don't look too hideous as well. Prices start at about £30.

4. toffeeboy

toffeeboy Active Member

Jul 21, 2016
    cheshire
  5. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    This will look fine on the bike, but I do wonder if it will give the level of protection - particularly against rain - that you are looking for.

I would suggest investing a small amount of money on something like this, then go for a ride on a rainy day. If it works great, if it doesn't you haven't wasted money as you will be able to resell this screen and you'll know you need something much bigger.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-B...695716?hash=item568a7dec24:g:1FIAAOSweWVXfNMO

6. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    I have one on pen and yes it does help but if you pop you head over it. You get a buffering like no other. if you are getting one i would suggest one with a flip top to reduce buffing .
    image.jpeg

7. toffeeboy

toffeeboy Active Member

Jul 21, 2016
    cheshire
    Most of the fleabay screens appear to be off earlier bikes and i'm not sure they fit the T120, I really want something that looks cafe retro cool rather than an traditional screen

• Like Like x 1
  8. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Its hard to get weather protection with a sport screen to be honest

9. toffeeboy

toffeeboy Active Member

Jul 21, 2016
    cheshire
    I'll compromise a bit on weather protection for good looks but it must deflect the wind off me and not be turbulent