Screeching Front Brakes

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Fitz Brundage, Sep 6, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    It's worked for me matey, why the heck not.
    It's easily cleaned off :) in case the big bad dealers see :joy::p

2. Fitz Brundage

Fitz Brundage Member

May 11, 2018
    North Carolina
    An update:
    My brakes were repaired under warranty to try to address the screeching. The pads were replaced; otherwise I'm not sure what other repairs were made. The feel of the brakes is better (firmer and more consistent) and they screech LESS, but they still sound like fingers on a blackboard if I am applying just a touch of the brakes or am gently easing off the brakes. The annoying sound is much better but there is still a screech. I'll wait a little while to see if the problem disappears as the pads get bedded. Otherwise, I may replace the pads and see if that resolves the problem.

3. Matthew Upshall

Matthew Upshall Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2017
    Reading
    I had the same problem. The brakes were embarrassingly noisy.
    I used them in anger a couple of times just enough to get the ABS to activate and they have been silent since.

Go and give them some grief and see if the noise disappears

Matt

• Like Like x 2
  4. Fitz Brundage

Fitz Brundage Member

May 11, 2018
    North Carolina
    A Further Update
    350 miles after Triumph installed new pads, etc., I still had ugly sounds emanating from my front brakes. So I decided I would follow the wise advice of some of you and I applied Cooper Brake Lube. Problem solved! I have not previously had this problem. But then my MT-09 did not have brakes that had anything like the stopping power of Brembos. In any case, thanks for the advice.

• Like Like x 3