Scrambler 1200

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Repooh, Oct 23, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. PeteZ

PeteZ Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2018
    Pilgrims Hatch
    Good colour choice! Can't wait for mine! Have fun and post a review soon..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    The more I look at them the more I like them good colour by the way

• Like Like x 3
  3. Scrambled head

Scrambled head Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2019
    Sussex
    okay so 750 miles in and wow what a bike!
    I feel like I got a bargain, this bike is everything its hyped to be and more.
    Rides almost like a sports bike in the bends but seems to take all the pot holes in its stride without being upset and throwing the bike off line if it hits crappy surfaces mid corner.
    The engine is a peach bucket loads of low down and a lovely linear line of power right through the range.
    Can`t wait to get in some longer trips this year, I will be touring on this bike just like I have on all my bikes but this time I will be comfortable as well as very happy!
    If you are about 5.8 or more you will be fine on this bike, I am just 6" and I can flat foot and don`t find the height a negative, its great being higher in traffic as you can see everything happening ahead.
    This bike seems to have a lot of presence, people are seeing me and getting out of the way of the bit white and green friendly giant coming through.

• Like Like x 5
  4. ducati2

ducati2 New Member

Jan 27, 2020
    oklahoma
    My new 1200XC showcase model arrives in the morning. I feel like a kid Christmas Eve! A test ride completely sold me, I already have a 2006 865 scrambler and a bmw 1150gs, pretty sure they will both be sold soon! The gs is just too top heavy and the 06 scrambler lacks the grunt and suspension.... comparisons..
    Anyone w a 1200? Need ideas for your favorite accessories to add!

• Like Like x 1
  5. ducati2

ducati2 New Member

Jan 27, 2020
    oklahoma
    Also... where is the best forum for 1200 scrambler? Not much activity here..

6. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    The 1200 seems to be getting some favourable comments regarding handling. Can one of you owners tell me what tyres it's wearing? I'm wondering if they make a pair that'll fit my Street Twin.

7. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    So almost a year since I started this thread on the Scrambler 1200.

Then I was sure it was ugly with iffy proportions, now however having ridden one I'm sure its a great bike. I rode the XC as I'm not a lanky mutant and its just great, confidence inspiring even for a wimp like me, super comfy (well it was for 75 minutes) and man that engine is a peach. Still recon it could be prettier though

Would never go proper off-road maybe a green lane or two. Kinda reminds me of my Land Rover Discovery 4, that was the kind of vehicle that you felt could do anything.

• Like Like x 1