Sprint GT Scottoiler

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Aidan, May 1, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Essex
    I have a Scottoiler fitted to my Sprint GT, as I have had on all my bikes. Someone I know says that modern O-ring chains don't need these as the lubricant is held behind the O-rings. So, a bit of chain lube is just required every now and then to stop the chain plates getting rusty. Ideally, I would like to stop using it as it leaves a mess all over the rear wheels, number plate and seems to drip off the front sprocket, even though it is turned right down.

Can anyone confirm this about lubing a modern chain?

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Definitely put a scottoiler on but it sounds like your one is faulty tbh.
    I had an e-oiler and it was perfect.
    The v-system uses the vacuum and therefore never stops when the bike is running but the e-system (electronic) one only works when moving.
    I'd definitely get it repaired,or most likely , get a new one.
    Gear oil is great for the chain btw. I'm definitely a convert after using expensive wax etc for years.
    Well, at least for me. I use an old style oil can (with a thumb pump) and run it along the rings on each side. Wipe off the excess and viola, fine for another 500 miles.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Peter B

Peter B Active Member

May 24, 2020
    West Yorkshire
    I have one on mine, only activates when the bike is moving, works well and no mess when stood.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Triumphal385

Triumphal385 Active Member

Mar 23, 2020
    South East
    I have the x-system on my ST 1050. No mess, chain clean & lubed. My first x- unit was faulty, but Scottoiler replaced it quickly, without fuss. I hope you resolve your difficulty. You may wish to give their helpline a call.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. J. Steen

J. Steen New Member

Apr 24, 2021
    Netherland
    Hi there,
    I had an E-system from Sotoiler, only works while driving. oil is temperature dependent, which is one of the reasons why this system can be adjusted better.

6. Peter B

Peter B Active Member

May 24, 2020
    West Yorkshire
    Mine is the X-system, I put the scorpion dual injector on too. Easy to install and works well on the lowest flow rate.

• Like Like x 1
  7. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    They have first rate customer service any issues sorted fuss free

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Brixton Steve

Brixton Steve Member

Sep 21, 2019
    Devon
    D.I.D instructions on the box the chain comes in says to use 80w90 gear oil every 500k (310 miles). Use a toothbrush myself and wipe off any excess. 1 ltr oil last you years.