Scotoiler for Speedmaster

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by alex74, Aug 26, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. alex74

alex74 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Marden, Kent
    Anyone has any skills/manuals on how to add that ? Is it worth it ?

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Have a look here for model specific instructions. BIGLAD swears by them, he swears by anything with a bit of wine in him!![​IMG] I have bought one, that says a lot, but not fitted it yet. from the sounds of them they are worth the money and easy to fit

3. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Alex, despite Crispey's somewhat defamitary remarks I am a big fan of Scottoilers having used them for perhaps 20yrs now.

They keep your chain and sprockets in excellent condition,reduce the need for constant adjustment and are just plain great.

As for fitting the included instructions are very good the only thing that can be a bit of an issue is finding an appropriate vacuum call-off point. I can't remember if the Speedmaster's 'faux' carbs are identical to the Bonny ones but assuming they are, there is a vacuum-off point just below the black throttle position sensor (TPS) on the LHS 'carb'. It's a small spigot with a rubber blocker.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Sceptic Al

Sceptic Al Well-Known Member

Hi mate. Fitted one to my 05 Speedie about a month back. The whole job took less than two hours including a coffee break. Scottoiler have model specific instructions on their website. The hardest bit was making things look tidy (running the hoses where they don't show), the rest is very easy for anyone who knows how to use a spanner and screwdriver

5. alex74

alex74 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Marden, Kent
    Thanks Sceptic

6. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    #6 crispey, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
    I have purchased one and mounted the holder, cut the tubes to the right size , then at the point of no return it started raining so didn't go any further. Then when it stopped raining and I got the bike out I thought I should take her for a ride to celebrate, so it's still not fitted

7. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    What? What? Is this some new language? Or a predictive text attack?

8. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Corrected, sir! I shall write "I must check my predictive text before posting!" 100 times after school.