Scorpion Exo-com Headset (uclear)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ClayG, May 6, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. ClayG

ClayG New Member

Apr 22, 2022
    Roanoke, VA
    I'm posting this for others who go searching for the Scorpion EXO-COM headset/intercom system, which I think is made by UCLEAR or at least the software is by UCLEAR.

I bought a new Scorpion EXO-GT930 modular helmet along with the EXO-COM kit. I've had a couple EXO-700 helmets and an EXO-1000 helmet. Loved them. But the GT930 is a heavy helmet. Really big too. I'm not happy about how heavy the thing is on your head. But I was really hoping the EXO-COM would be great, and I wanted to pair it with my brand new 2022 Triumph Tiger 900 GT Pro. Nope. Can't get it to work.

I have a cheap $29 Bluetooth helmet headset that I was able to add to an older helmet. After much trial and error, it works fairly well but doesn't have much volume and the sound quality is just 'meh'.

The sound quality for music on the EXO-COM is pretty good. Great volume, and it will pair with my iPhone just fine. But in following the normal process of pairing with my Tiger and the Triumph app -- I never get any sound.

The usual steps that I followed were:
    • If the headset is already paired to your phone, UNPAIR it
    • On the Tiger, make sure your phone is already paired to the TFT
    • On your phone, make sure the 'My Triumph' app is installed and working
    • On the Tiger, pair the headset to the TFT as a rider headset
    That's the process as I understand it and that works for my cheap Bluetooth headset. But the EXO-COM doesn't work. It will pair to the TFT but when I attempt to play music, I get nothing (no sound).

In checking the forums and Facebook groups, it seems that UCLEAR is often mentioned as being a problem headset for the Tiger.

2. rivvdda

rivvdda New Member

Aug 11, 2022
    Montréal, Canada
    Hi, have you managed to get the exo com to connect properly to the triumph system?

I have a T520 with the com and facing the same issue you are describing on a Street Triple.

3. ClayG

ClayG New Member

Apr 22, 2022
    Roanoke, VA
    Unfortunately, I have returned the Scorpion headset. I bought a Cardo headset, which I love. But I've also had trouble connecting it to the Triumph. I hear that the more expensive Cardo packtalk should work. I got the Freecom 4X (or something like that). Love the headset! But I'll try again after having the dealer do a firmware upgrade on my Triumph. I hear there's a software upgrade available now.

4. Ron W

Ron W New Member

Jun 14, 2023
    Camp Hill, PA
    Love to know if you ever got the Cardo to work. I have the 2023 Tiger and bought the Packtalk Edge, and I'm having trouble. Working one issue at a time, everything is connected but the Music option displays songs, but when I press play, it immediately reverts back to Pause. Frustrating I went through the motions of killing all connections, then connecting the headset to the TFT, then the phone to the TFT. Hitting a dead end. Cardo techs were no help.