Scissor Jack

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by quarky, Aug 16, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    I don't know people seem to want to chase the cheapest kit. It's usually cheap for a reason. If you have a bike worth several thousand pounds, why risk damage to it or injury to yourself by going cheap on critical equipment.

It may old fashioned, but I still believe that you get what you pay for.

BTW Dilli, pleased to hear that all is well and no damage to you or the bike. I think you've lucky, mate.

• Like Like x 2
  2. STIFFLER

STIFFLER Senior Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Shropshire
    Still got them somewhere lol Great when you`d done a load of overtime & the envelope was FAT!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jeff865

Jeff865 New Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Lebanon OH
  4. Jeff865

Jeff865 New Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Lebanon OH
    I purchase a similar product for $50 on E-Bay, brand new. Great tool. Use it for maintainence on my America and BMW f650. Can lift front, back or whole bike. Use ratchet wrench or socket and drill to lift. Very easy. Would not give it up.

5. Richard Craven

Jun 2, 2018
    Scarborough
    Got one of there from my local A1 Motor Store for 50 quid a few years ago, Picks up my Street Twin as well :p DSC_0109.jpg

6. Andy-K2

Andy-K2 Knowledge is power for which I have neither!

Apr 26, 2017
    Bristol UK
    I have one from Demon Tweeks and paid £49.99. I really love it and lifts my Bonneville with ease. Its difficult to find the balance point but will lift the whole bike no problem however I move the lift to get to the front and rear.