Sad 1999 Speed Triple Project

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by nicop, Sep 15, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. nicop

nicop New Member

Sep 15, 2014
    So, I sold my fireblade recently as it was horrid, and sat on ebay looking for something to play with and came across a Speed triple that had been written off and needed some lov.

_57_zpsae38bab4.jpg

_571_zps7e42817b.jpg

so thought I would start a thread from its current sad CAT D state, to it being back on the road and happy again.

Cheers

Nick

_57_zpsae38bab4.jpg

_571_zps7e42817b.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Its looking a bit sad at the moment, how far are you going with it? Is it going to be an engine out frame paint and full re-build or just a tidy up to get roadworthy?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    ooooooooo makes me wish i was a lot younger and fitter. my back and knees would not be able to take the strains of the spannering to get it done. Looks like a good project and a fab bike, Good luck and enjoy

• Like Like x 1
  4. nicop

nicop New Member

Sep 15, 2014
    Hi All, sorry for the slow replies but I try and get out in the garage as much as possible.

So she is looking a bit better after a good wash, and after a while on the battery charger she fired first time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and after some nice straight parts she is looking roadworthy again, I cant wait to take it for a spin, and when the winter finally comes she will be taken off the road for a proper rebuild

• Like Like x 1
  5. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    That look likes it will keep you busy over the winter then :wink:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. nicop

nicop New Member

Sep 15, 2014
    aha hope so. im still trying to find a service manual for this so I can get cracking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    • Like Like x 1