Running Change In 1968 T100r ?

Discussion in 'Vintage Classics' started by Gary Lovell, Jul 25, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Gary Lovell

Gary Lovell New Member

Jul 20, 2020
    The Villages, Fl.
    My ‘68 T100R has English cap screws holding intake manifolds onto cylinder head . This throws me for a loop. I thought all engine bolts would be CEI threads . Now, I wonder if I could find roller bearings on both sides of the crank .
    I bought cycle missing head bolts and the cylinder jug and head setting loose.
    Thank you from Florida .

2. EJT

EJT New Member

Nov 23, 2019
    Michigan US
    Triumph started switching from CEI/BSC to UNF threads in 67 I believe, and gradually added more through the years. My 67 has a few UNF fasteners.

3. BrianG

BrianG New Member

Jul 25, 2020
    West Sussex UK
    Hi Gary,
    QUOTE:" I wonder if I could find roller bearings on both sides of the crank"

If your bike is a '68 then it will have the usual drive side roller bearing but won't have ball bearing on the timing side. This came in, along with the new one-piece crank, from engine number H65573. Of course if your bike is an "eBay special" it may have a later engine fitted than its original '68. What's the serial engine serial number and does it have matching engine and frame numbers?

4. Gary Lovell

Gary Lovell New Member

Jul 20, 2020
    The Villages, Fl.
    Turns out this bike H59124 has the bronze bushing .
    Tires say made in Great Britian .
    Thanks for info .