Rugby Thread V2

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by OldNick, Nov 28, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DCS900

DCS900 Careful, man! There’s a beverage here!

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    Good weekend, France still on a roll… glad to see the bonus point and a clean sheet for England. Second half not as impressive the first… but Randall was great, and I was really happy to see Daly and Sinckler to score, not putting down George’s great brace either!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Guest

I like the look of that fly half, Marcus Smith. Decent kicker too. :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

A well-earned victory this week.

4. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Guest

Agreed. The biggest hurdle overcome, for me. I can't see anyone else beating them if they play up to par, but the Six Nations usually throws a curve ball somewhere....:)

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    Nice game on saturday. and not only because France won, just a nice game.

6. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    It was a good game and France did deserve the win. They're back to being a side capable of explosive plays to reach the try line. Dangerous and exciting. Ireland were strong but just not good enough on the day. Would Johnny Sexton have made a difference? We'll never know.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. DCS900

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    Sexton always makes a difference, a great rugby brain with skills to match... would it have altered the overall outcome... I agree, impossible to know.

8. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

Still on fire.

Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 10.23.42 AM.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. DCS900

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    Another good weekend, great English result with a strong Welsh comeback, France playing like they should, but Scotland has played some good phrases let down by poor finish… Italy must be tired of wooden spoon thrashings

10. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    Couldn't see the game, I'll look at the replay. Looks like France will be difficult to defeat!

• Like Like x 1
  11. DCS900

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    Yeah, there’s some inspirational play in that Scotland match, hard to chose a “best” try.... but I won’t spoil it for you

• Like Like x 1
  12. DCS900

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    England v Ireland was a great game… ran out of legs right at the end. Match of the series so far to me.

13. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Thought Italy played very well and were a little hard done to in so much as they were robbed of a bonus losing point. That was a forward pass from Price to Hogg and had that try been disallowed they would have finished within 7 points.
    If Garbisi had converted those kicks, well, who knows.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    Agree there DCS, match of the series for me too.

I don't think running out of legs was the problem. I blame that raft of substitutions right at the end. Changed the dynamics of the game ( again ). I thought we were in with a great chance until Marler scuppered things giving away a penalty during a promising England attack. The Irish scored from that penalty effectively killing the match.

• Like Like x 1
  15. PatW

PatW Senior Member

Apr 4, 2021
    Cymru
    2017-03-04 12.25.40.png

• Like Like x 1
  16. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    Sad for Wus, but gutted about Wasps. Tigers have offered free tickets, which I am sure is an honest gesture but it would be torture for me and I suspect most Wasps and Wus supporters would feel similar. If I do find my interest in club rugby again it could very well end up being Top 14. Racing have have some of the flair I used to enjoy at Wasps and they have signed a least a couple of great ex Wasps players in Biyi Alo and Christian Wade.

17. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Anyone watching the Women's World Cup?
    There has been some talent on display, showing the game is now mainstream with higher level of competition :heart_eyes: