Rugby Thread V2

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by OldNick, Nov 28, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    And of course the beauty is we only have to wait another 3 months to do it all again:cool:

We’ll all be vaccinated then:p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    Rumours that Exeter have double figure numbers of covid cases, game cancelled this weekend and Glasgow game also cancelled. I don't understand the new format, but looking like Covid's going to mess it up. The Wasps game last week was close to cancelling after two Dragons were tested positive. If the rules are the same as the Premiership last season then the team pulling out will lose 28 to nil.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    I believe Exeter and Glasgow forfeit their games at a 28-0 loss so Toulon and Lyon get automatic bonus point win 5 points

I’ll bet Glasgow are really pissed off!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Magic win by Scotland

11DCA083-1863-44DF-A03C-318C6A9EA393.jpeg

5. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    Fully deserved. Completely overwhelmed England.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    If there had been a crowd and 15 men turned up with their boots they would have done a better job than England. They have gone back to their old ways of poor discipline and failing to gel as a team. You can’t score if you are always giving the ball away along with free penalty points. I know the squad is depleted for varying reasons (Saracens scandal being one) but we haven’t improved our performance following on from the World Cup.
    My money is on France for the title.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    This new french team is better than what we had is past years, but against Italy the forces were not balanced.
    I'm looking after we play Scotland or Ireland to start to be optimistic.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    Best wishes to Tigers and their supporters tonight. They are starting to get their roar back and this could be a great springboard for next season. The Prem needs a strong Leicester.

9. DCS900

DCS900 Careful, man! There’s a beverage here!

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    Just looked in to check on the rugby… thought that’s a good score!! Then I realised it’s the kick off time…

C384857F-812D-42FE-9019-D9D69100F34B.png

• Funny Funny x 5
  10. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    A great game. Congratulations to Scotland, disappointed at the result but hey ho....

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dave49

Dave49 Elite Member

Dec 30, 2019
    SW Scotland
    edinburgh.jpg

:)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

Ireland v Wales was a slaughter show.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. DCS900

DCS900 Careful, man! There’s a beverage here!

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    I only saw about 50 mins before having to drag myself away to an 18th birthday... come back to this result! Ahh well, it’d be nice to see Scotland get the grand slam!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. doov29

doov29 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2020
    Aberdeen
    096312FD-B8B5-4D4B-A3D3-71D93BC4CB4C.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 5
  15. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Guest

Didn't see the games fully, the one I'm looking forward to is France v Ireland next week. Both teams have beaten the All Blacks recently, and I suspect the winner of this match will finish up champions. I'd love to see Scotland win it, but they're, well, Scotland. Never seem able to play as the sum of their parts, if you know what I mean. Hope I'm wrong, I do like an underdog. :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    WTAF, talk about a team self destructing. Sometimes I absolutely despair of these professionals at the top of their game. Giving away a ridiculous penalty try and dropping your side down to 14 players at the same time with only 15 minutes left on the clock :mad: The team fell apart from then on : unamused: and why did they keep Youngs on? He was half a second behind play at all times, definitely not sparking :(

17. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    England weren’t inspiring all game but they managed to dominate the play for the first 40 minutes. At the start of the second half I was quietly confident. It did fall apart badly, though. Perhaps a consequence of a young team that are still learning to play together. I’m still baffled as to why Marcus Smith was taken off. He was having a great game and seemed full of positive enthusiasm. Scoring a try helps with that, of course. :blush:

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Guest

A bit slow to start, but France hit their stride, albeit against Italy. We'll see how good they really are next week....

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Almost to the day from last year, congratulations Scotland :party::party::bomb:

• Like Like x 2
  20. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    I think for me the first half of the France/Italy game was the best of the weekend. Italy showed real promise then ran out of steam a bit. England never got going then threw the game away with a stupid move and (IMHO) a bad decision to take Marcus Smith off and Wales didn’t show up against Ireland.

• Agree Agree x 2