Riding Modes

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Triumph1, May 5, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Triumph1

Triumph1 New Member

Apr 29, 2020
    NY
    How do you guys feel about the r3 riding modes and what is you favorite on dry ground.
    Im like the sport mode best on dry ground so far because of the throttle response.
    Is this the first time triumph is using electronic throttle. Asking because this is my first r3r and at 5 miles hour mines not to smooth a little choppy.

2. Oz228

Oz228 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2019
    Inverness
    I use sport mode, but when I collected the bike I was told it's good to put the bike into rain mode if you are going to be filtering, as it's good for low speeds.

3. Triumph1

Triumph1 New Member

Apr 29, 2020
    NY
    Yeah because the throttle isn't as responsive in rain mode. I tried this mode and still find throttle choppy at slow speeds. Had similar mode on my gixxers with no choppy throttle.

4. Triumph1

Triumph1 New Member

Apr 29, 2020
    NY
    Did the rocket before this have electronic throttle.

5. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Nope :)

6. Triumph1

Triumph1 New Member

Apr 29, 2020
    NY
    Thanks
    Earlier gixxers didn't have it but newer ones did.
    Like the cable drive much better.
    Dude I know with a hog had his electronic throttle stick while riding had to kill the bike then no response after that at all.
    Reostat even good for a light switch but its the now. on new bikes and it is what gives you the choice for ride modes which I could due without. I love my r3r but to many electrics that Im never gonna use ever.

• Like Like x 1