Welcome to The Triumph Forum

The World's busiest Triumph Forum. Join this amazing group of people and start discussing the thing that we all love, Triumph Motorcycles.

Ride Your Own Ride.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MrOrange, Apr 12, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dozers Dad

Dozers Dad Bushmills Chief Quality Controller
    Subscriber

#41 Dozers Dad, Apr 14, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    I couldn't see the speedo MrO. I was viewing the video on a small phone screen.
    The footage doesn't look like he's doing 100mph+ but I'll take your word for it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Bikerman

Bikerman Elite Member
    Subscriber

Oct 29, 2014
    Lincolnshire
    What on earth was he was trying to prove, whatever it was it backfired really, as all he proved by riding like that that he's a total dick splash on a bike. There's always one, and your club has him. Nice bloke he maybe, but he should consider his mates. Lets hope his talking too, has made him see the error of his ways, before someone gets hurt, or worse.

3. GaleForceEight

GaleForceEight Active Member
    Subscriber

Nov 1, 2017
    Southend
    We had a group ride last weekend, and I had a van pull out into the middle of the group. When it was safe I overtook him but I also had to go in front of the bike the van was tailgating in order to complete the overtake. When we stopped I apologised for passing him, but he understood.

When we group ride generally the lead is on comms with a 'sweeper' at the back so we don't get too strung out. For me it's not about speed so much as a good day out with friends old and new!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member
    Subscriber

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    He most probably knew that Rich had a helmet camera and was going to record the ride.

Also I know of a few who record their ride with said cameras and something happens to them from the moment they put their bike into gear,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they take their brain out.

5. Privateer

Privateer A legend in his own mind.
    Subscriber

Jan 2, 2017
    Milton keynes
    The trouble is you don't know who is going to turn into a pillock until you're out on the ride. Hopefully everyone gets home safe so you can point out the error of their ways. Seem to remember one of our rides being spoiled by an inexperienced rider who thought he was quicker than he was. Not you Rich!!

6. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick
    Subscriber

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford England
    It was more than a talking to on this last chance occasion.

QUOTE="Privateer, post: 180623, member: 5970"]The trouble is you don't know who is going to turn into a pillock until you're out on the ride. Hopefully everyone gets home safe so you can point out the error of their ways. Seem to remember one of our rides being spoiled by an inexperienced rider who thought he was quicker than he was. Not you Rich!![/QUOTE]

Yup, he was a dick on almost very ride we went on. He kind of adopted me, and I spent a lot of time trying to school him. Nothing anyone said ever got through to him. He was very reckless on a number of club rides too. Anyway, problem solved, he's moved North.

7. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....
    Subscriber

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    You mean he’s some one else’s problem now ;)
    Why I don’t ride in big groups normally there’s always at least one person like that.

8. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick
    Subscriber

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford England
    Fair'nuff. Problem 'exported'. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Sprinter

Sprinter Elite Member
    Subscriber

Aug 17, 2014
    Grampian.

Does he hide at the back just so he can overtake EVERYONE.

10. Baben

Baben Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Watton
    I mainly ride on my own or with my brother but I do ride with the Prostate Patrol as well. This is a group of IAM riders all of a certain age and in need of regular fag / loo breaks. They don't look fast and they are very safe (ex police riders and so on) but they actually make very brisk progress. At our regular stops we discuss the ride, swap the lead and complain about the state of the nation and our arthritis.
    The main controlling factor on my riding apart from my wife is the fact that I no longer bounce, broken ribs really hurt and I am on blood thinners so I can bleed a lot.
    I used to ride with a MAG group and there were a couple of prize twats on Harleys who spoiled every ride - so I stopped riding with them.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jerican68

Jerican68 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2017
    Victoria BC
    Great thread. I ride with more experienced riders than myself. I rode in my teens/20’s mainly off road, then got back into it last year when I was 49. They’ve all been riding for about 30 years but I have to say, they’re aware of my limits, mostly. I did go on a group ride with a couple of guys I didn’t know and I nearly crashed. I won’t do it again and thankfully have the chance to learn from it. If they do end up shooting off ahead I just let them go, I’ll catch them up a few minutes later, alive and uninjured.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southampton
    I have been on big group rides where there are lots of different levels of ability and you do get this happening quite a lot especially on the rides where you drop a man off at any junction as 'faster' riders like to blitz through the pack to get back to the front and get tagged again. Now that is fine providing the riders coming through show the others respect and don't spoil their ride, clearly the guy in your video doesn't understand that.
    These days I ride with a group of guys that have very similar ability, where we ride together so often we know what each other are likely to do which makes for a much safer ride.
    I am not against riding in large groups but I do change the way I ride to suit as I don't want to end up involved in someone else's accident, at the end of the day I got nothing to prove!
    Mind you if you think that's bad you want to go on a track day when you get the buffoons that think it is actually a race & they are Marquez :joy::joy::joy:

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. littleade

littleade The only sane one here
    Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    kidderminster Worcestershire
    I think I speak for everyone when I say the ride outs on the last GMU which about 20 of us joined went very well. Everyone enjoyed them and personally I thought the briefing Ron gave before the first one was in no small way responsible for the way those rides then went. Hopefully the ones in Wales this year will be equally enjoyable and with a bit of luck drier too;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. dilligaf

dilligaf GRRRRRR
    Subscriber

Mar 30, 2017
    Washington Tyne & Wear
    :eek: Ride outs????:confused:
    Nobody told me :worried::sob:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  15. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Senior Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Hope we don't need to go round corners at speeds in excess of 60 let alone 100 plus on the Scotland trip. Enjoying my motorcycling is important, staying alive is critical

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. MrOrange

MrOrange The Lunatics have definitely taken over !!!!
    Staff Member Subscriber

Oct 28, 2015
    the Heart of Darkness
    I see nothing wrong with that riding, think you just need to brush up on your observation mate!!!!

Only kidding you, what a feckin tool. Who the feck are they trying to impress? I hate dicks like that, it's a feckin group ride, not a race. That's how innocent people get hurt, by being collected by arseholes like that. Impress folk with your riding abilities, not how much you can endanger them.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Wessa

Wessa Cruising
    Subscriber

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    JD was calling you and won the call......
    Wessa

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dozers Dad

Dozers Dad Bushmills Chief Quality Controller
    Subscriber

I've informed the Gixxer forum of your sensible/grown up attitude.
    Your now banned for life! :cool:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Sprinter

Sprinter Elite Member
    Subscriber

Aug 17, 2014
    Grampian.
    Speaking of Suzuki forums, anyone know a good one?

20. MrOrange

MrOrange The Lunatics have definitely taken over !!!!
    Staff Member Subscriber

Oct 28, 2015
    the Heart of Darkness
    I never even joined one. BritprickUSA would have been right at home!!!
    SV forum is good, try model specific, just not any gixxer one. Supposed to be a good bandit one, not sure which, but could find out.