Featured Ride Mag Oct Bonnie 790 Review

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Ducatitotriumph, Aug 16, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Hi there all Bonnie owners,
    Just a couple of pages from the ride Oct issue.
    sorry if posted before chaps.

E9462B41-5AE7-4E10-B2C8-6E58B641B147.jpeg

1C4805D9-2620-4FFB-AE5A-0D7022B6E68C.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  2. MartyWilson

MartyWilson Guest

The one thing I find puzzling, which I have heard repeatedly, is comments about the weakness of the front brake. I actually find it very nice to use. Sure it won't do stoppies but, for me anyway, it is very controllable and is what I would call progressive. It's no 'off/on' stopping switch but the more lever you grab the more brake you get and I have never had any worries about stopping or slowing down. Other than that I think I agree very much with the review. The 790cc Bonnie is a bloody brilliant bike with a lovely sound and a sheer joy to own and ride and it's a bike that I find myself gazing at in admiration. When it comes to paying homage to the past Triumph Hinckley got it spot on with the 790cc Bonnie. I do worry though that their progression of models and 'advances' feel to me as if they mirror the rise and fall of the original Triumph. They rose steadily to the pinnacle that is the Bonnie through a series of superb bikes and then began losing their way in a mire of increasingly less 'Triumph'ant variants and pandering to American buyers fixated on Harleys.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1