Richa Mugello ,frank Thomas, No, Instead Buy Merlin Yoxall.

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Sprinter, Mar 25, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. stinger

stinger Senior Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Yarnbrook
    This is my humble take on it. Removable waterproof layer, wtf is that about, you still got a soggy outer jacket to deal with. Goretex expensive as all hell,buy a jacket 200 quid same jacket with goretex 500+. My solution...

XL Army Surplus Goretex. 25 quid jacket, 15 quid trousers. Head to foot goretex. You can avoid a soggy outer jacket or keep your leathers dry. If you dont want to look like a refugee from an action man commercial you can go for RAF goretex and have a subtle blue.
    Lake district to Bristol last July, rained the whole way and torrential, 40mph motorway speed limit stuff at that, wet feet and hands everything else fine.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    The Packaways are handy if you are wearing leather or non waterproof jackets,but like i say even the expensive "waterproof" bike jackets will let in water after a long downpour thats where the packaways are good and the fact you can roll them up into a small bag when finished is great..but yeah i agree us bikers are ripped of for everything..but they still sell them:rolleyes:..you got a link for the ex army Goretex ones?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  3. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Agree with all that stinger If I wanted a kagol liner for a 500 quid jacket I would by one from Dougie or mroranges one I cant believe people buy that. Is it just lazy.production.
    A motorcycle jacket should as standard have armour back elbow shoulder, if you dont want it, remove it.
    If they say waterproof,( or nearly) that should nt mean " heres a kagol to go with it" and under it aswell are they thick?
    And why is velcro an improvement on studs?

4. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    I have a 7.99 suit that I throw over the top of my gear and it keeps me bone dry.The zip is dodgie so I might buy one of MrOranges waterproofs
    A jackets a jacket, I dont expect miracles. For the money they are asking some of these are a joke.
    And where have all the old heavy leather jackets gone is it all slim fit, Saturday night gear now?

5. stinger

stinger Senior Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Yarnbrook
  6. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
  7. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Swiss army great coat with the thickest fleece liner I ever saw. Exellent coat, a little short in the arms for some reason.

8. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I've got the German army Flecktarn Goretex over trousers to replace my Richa Rain warrior ones.
    They definitely leaked around the crotch at last years GMU. These stayed bone dry after an hour in heavy rain - think they were £15.99 on amazon.:cool:

9. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I bought one of these last year for the GMU. Very happy with it but I'm afraid it isn't exactly waterproof but it will keep a good shower off. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  10. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Can't get me head round removable (drop) waterproof lining: unamused:. Why would you want to? Thermal lining yes ... but waterproof? In this country?:confused: Nah!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    Didn't realise the Swiss had a Army
    Must be really good camouflage gear.
    Tucker

12. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    They do but it hasn't had much use in the last 400 years!

13. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Good job, not be much feckin use when all they've got are wee red pocket knives!!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

AH They do, thanks for picking that up, I should have said Swedish.

15. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

Those knives are multifuntional

16. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Yes, you never know when you might need to take a stone out of a horses hoof or descale a fish!

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    #37 Sprinter, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    So jacket arrivied to day and initial feeling was it seemed more of a style item than a bike jacket, well made, the wrist zips still leave a gap when closed, no more than many others but could be tighter, everything else, like workmanship and armour, or finish, is very good. A net lining which allows me to control the thickness / heat, with what I put on under it. I went back to work and had an idea about returning it, cos I thought it was thin and light.
    Me , change my mind, surly not.
    Anyway when I came home and picked it up, I was immediately reassured by the weight of the jacket, so Im happy, all round Id say. Recommended.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Thin, flimsy, jacket returned today.
    This is turning into a saga.

19. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Jeez....you’re worse than wor lass :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi Dougie I have been riding for a number of years and spent loads on different manufacturers leather and textile jackets and jeans. Six years ago I bought a Rukka suit and I can honestly say it is 100% waterproof. I rode the famous 2017 GMU ride all day in the wet and I mean it was wet and I had absolutely no leaks at all. It goes in the washine machine a couple of time a year and it is as good today as the day I bought it.

Sprinter I know they are expensive, but given the life span of the kit it actually works out about the same as buying kit every couple of years. Just my humble opinion.
    Wessa

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1