Richa Mugello ,frank Thomas, No, Instead Buy Merlin Yoxall.

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Sprinter, Mar 25, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    #1 Sprinter, Mar 25, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    After the washing machine chewed up my old summer textile jacket, when I was out, trying and failing to buy waterproofing wash stuff. Then having been made to have a closer look, and finding that it is worn and old and now chewed.I spent the next few hours surfing, just out of interest, to see whats out there, that is not 50% velcro.
    Heres my new jacket, when it gets here Ill write more.

s-l500 (2).jpg

https://www.jtsbikerclothing.com/mo..._mugello_motorcycle_jacket/black/#prettyPhoto

P.s. I look thinner already.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Looks good Sprinter... anything called Mugello has to be cool:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    race-e1479679074248.jpg

Where the big loons work

4. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

I’ve got a Richa jacket very similar to that one :)
    You’ll get wet if you get caught out in the rain :(
    Keep your waterproofs in your top box :p

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Do you mean the arm panels, I had my doubts about them. There seems to be a comprise on all the jackets.
    I realy dont like vecro, I wasnt fussed about textile or leather.I wanted to keep the price sensible. Summer jacket was what I wanted, Scottish summer though.
    So some feeling of draught proof is a must. The reviews are all great. If anyone knows different please speak up.
    If theyre like my Alpinestar boots, they leaked like a sieve untill I slathered them with Dubbin now theyre warm and dry.

6. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Yeah mate the arm panels eventually let water through :( as does the big zip :(
    In fairness though it’s not what you could call an all weather jacket and it’s very comfortable and well put together :)
    Light showers and it’s fine :) more light showers or prolonged rain and eventually the water gets through :mad:
    Hope I’m not putting you off :confused: because they’re good jackets :cool:

7. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    No, I appreciate the review. I loved my old jacket and it leaked a little. In fact I think all my summer jackets have leaked, leather or textile. As it happens Ive got a fantastic winter one, A great, thick Lewis textile very warm, and totally waterproof ( so far ), looks like new, 20 quid off eBay + p and p. Ill stick with this one too.

• Like Like x 1
  8. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    SWMBO has a Richa (ladies) leather jacket, a very nice piece of kit!

I recently bought a Spada 'Metro' textile jacket with removable thermal liner and a permanent waterproof membrane for £130 or thereabouts. Replacement my 20 year old Buffalo jacket. Plenty warm enough to walk in as a winter jacket, but today I wore it when out on the bike (yes .... really, and about time too!) and it was both warm and very comfortable. Waterproof?? Dunno, it didn't rain!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Eh, I might have to rename this thread.Sorry to waste your time,(if I did).
    After having doubts about my choice, cos of the panels of material in the leather I returned/cancelled my order today.
    I spent a long time looking to replace my textile jacket and so when I started looking at leather I think I just got fed up looking, and bought one.
    I gave it some thought today and some more searches tonight and I bought a full leather that I can keep waterproof.
    Anyone have any experience of this,

109157-01.jpg
    I would not have believed that finding a full leather, studded, armoured,jacket would be so hard even when you look at 500+ they are still velcro and panelled or most are anyway. I had to buy a "retro" to get what I wanted.

http://www.frank-thomas.co.uk/index.php/frank-thomas-retro-jacket-black.html

10. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Midlothian
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    That's a name i've not heard in a while,someone must have bought the name as i'm sure they went bust/closed down? hopefully they are still as good quality as they used to be

12. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

I liked them before.
    I think your right, the website looks quite small and not alot of shops carrying there stuff. The stuff they are selling is rated highly,so we will have to see.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

Lexy I saw some of their stuff and I was tempted, it looks good quality, protection,nice styles They made the short list, although they were similar to my winter jacket and I thought it would be nice to have two styles

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

#15 MrOrange, Mar 27, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2018
    I got given a set of Richa textiles, wear them out on the KTM, keep my halvarssons clean when on the big bike.

If your new leather is not waterproof, these are a bargain overjacket just to keep the rain off. Got it for the KTM, but take it with me any time I might get wet (most days in Scotland !!!).

[​IMG]

LINK £15 of Ebay

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Tempted. MrOrange, thanks.

17. Jerry Winder

Jerry Winder Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2017
    Brecon Beacons
    I'd never heard of Merlin but I took a chance on a this Merlin Keele jacket and it's bloody brilliant. Really well made, the quality just shines through.

Merlin.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  18. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

My local H***a dealership sell Merlin. Seems to be their more 'budget' brand, against the overpriced Alpinestars gear.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Alpinestars kings of the velcro

20. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i sell a lot of regatta packaway trousers & jackets to bikers, you can get them online for about a tenner each..ideal as they roll up into the small bag you get with them.i've yet to discover a motorbike jacket that is 100% waterproof and i've tried most of the famous makes..apart from the likes of Rukka but you pay big bucks for them and i suspect even in a downpour they won't be 100% waterproof either so putting something like the packaways on top when it's a downpour keeps your jacket dry
    reg.jpg