Retro Fuel Tank

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by RazMan, Jan 8, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. RazMan

RazMan Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2022
    Christchurch, UK
    I am looking for a different fuel tank to fit my Trophy 1200 project - something like a carb version Speedy or similar? Does anyone know if something else will fit the T300 frame without too much swearing?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    I'd guess it will depend on what "style" of finished product you're aiming for but I think any of the tanks between 93 and 1999 will fit so, if you're looking for a more traditional, 'rounded' shape tank, maybe a 900 Thunderbird would work?

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    All the early T300 tanks are identical , except as @Adie P suggested , the thunder bird ... ?
    They only differed in colours.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. DCS900

DCS900 Careful, man! There’s a beverage here!

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    In that case don’t forget the Legend and the Adventurer which were essentially the same bikes... you may find one cheaper.

5. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    He's losing 10 litres fuel capacity !! Thunderbird ,legend,adventurer had 15 Lt tank all the rest are 25 Lt .
    That's two hundred kilometres range dropped.

6. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Hey capt. I think the OP is planning to build a 'custom style' bike - he mentions in another thread that he'll be melding Trophy and Speedmaster parts (hence the Trospeed) which I presume means some marriage of design cues, too. If that's the case, I would think the more traditional, rounded shape of the Thunderbird (et al) would be more suitable to the bike and the presumed usage profile?

Enquiring minds need to know .......... ;)

7. RazMan

RazMan Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2022
    Christchurch, UK
    Thanks for the replies guys - I have now gone in the Speedmaster direction and started a 'Trospeed' thread in the projects section

• Like Like x 3