Replace Exhaust?

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by John Wellington, Nov 12, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. John Wellington

John Wellington New Member

Oct 18, 2018
    Haywards Heath, UK
    Hi folks, I am a newbie so please bear with me... I am acquiring a nearly new T120 black and, among a few other cosmetic changes, I am considering changing the exhaust. I just don’t like the look of the standard pipes and would prefer something shorter and meaner-looking. But don’t want noisier. I like the look of the Bobber ones and noticed a set on eBay. Would they work on the T120?

2. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Hi John. Pretty much any 1200 and Bonnie exhausts can be made to fit with some workarounds. It's usually a question of fiddling with the frame mounts. If you struggle give us a call in Woburn.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. newT120

newT120 Active Member

Apr 1, 2016
    London
    Hi John,
    I met a guy at High Beach the other day and he had a Bonnie Black to which he'd fitted Iron Head silencers. These were much shorter than the standard and only a little bit louder. He also said he didn't have to re-map either - just let the bike idle at about 2000 rpm for a little while (about 15 mins) and it works things out for itself, apparently.
    Cheers
    Chris (T120)

• Like Like x 3
  4. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    Zard make some nice ones, I particularly like the low mounted version of these: https://shop.officineitalianezard.it/en/products/index/bonneville-t120-exhaust-zard-7693-187/

• Like Like x 1