Renting a Triumph in Tenerife (Costa Adele)

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Wassers, Aug 15, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Wassers

Wassers Active Member

May 27, 2016
    Berkshire
    Hi all. I'm on my 2 week family summer holiday soon in Tenerife and I am considering renting a Triumph (probably a Tiger) to explore the island for a day (shh, not told the wife yet). I've not rented abroad before, so would appreciate any tips from anyone who has done this before, especially in Tenerife.

2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Hi Wassers, i rented a bike in Tenerife years ago,the road up to mount teide is special,but there are lots of other great roads ,the place you hire the bike from should be able to recommend some good routes. if i remember the helmet they supplied would have been dangerous on a push bike! mind you i only had my shorts and t-shirt on :eek::cool:

3. Wassers

Wassers Active Member

May 27, 2016
    Berkshire
    Thanks Dougie D. Think I'll be taking my own open face helmet with me, so long as they let me take it on the plane.

4. DreadySteve

DreadySteve Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Bournemouth
    Just wear it! Say you have an allergy to flying/crashing and say you use it as a safety blanket/comfort thing ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. DreadySteve

DreadySteve Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Bournemouth
    or better still....
    index.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  6. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    you used to be able to take them on as hand luggage but i think thats changed now