Remap For Short Tors

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Mike Lenette, Oct 15, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mike Lenette

Mike Lenette New Member

Aug 27, 2018
    Chatham
    Hi all. My first post :O).....I have fitted short TORs to my 2016 Speedmaster. A friend, that has the TuneEcu software has offered to remap my bike. He's suggested that I ask you guys which map he should use? Any help gratefully accepted, thanks.

2. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Don't think it needs a remap just ride and enjoy the proper sound :cool:

3. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    My brother fitted( well I did, he wouldn’t know a spanner if he got hit on the head by one) the short tor’s to his 2016 America without a remap, all runs fine.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mike Lenette

Mike Lenette New Member

Aug 27, 2018
    Chatham
    I like the sound :O). It just feels like there's a bit more performance in there somewhere....

5. Mike Lenette

Mike Lenette New Member

Aug 27, 2018
    Chatham
    There's quite a lot of popping and banging, which I like, when decelerating in gear. It actually feels a little slower when accelerating since I fitted them....thought the remap might help.

6. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    You can run TORS without a remap - probably makes little difference to the running of the bike (possibly a wee bit leaner) unless you open up the induction side as well. Having said that, a remap wouldn't do any harm! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  7. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    It's well worth getting bike tuned in a dyno tuning shop, if you gut the air box and remove the snorkel, and turn off and remove AIS and oxygen sensors ! I did this and went from 51 HP to 57•3 HP at the rear wheel , also got much better spread of power and torque was up 4 ft/lbs

8. Mike Lenette

Mike Lenette New Member

Aug 27, 2018
    Chatham
    Thanks Capt. I think that this is the way that I'll go. We had a look at the bike over the weekend. It seems that there isn't a map for my VIN number. So, I'll get the professionals to have a look :O)