Remap for SC Project high oval cans?

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by ScreaminWargasm, Mar 1, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. GAJA

GAJA Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2016
    London
    After an "assertive" email to SC Project Monday I now have tracking for my carbon conic low, very excited! Not sure why it took them 3 sodding weeks from date of order to actually do anything but anyway frustrations have blown away...

http://www.scproject-shop.com/triumph_speed_triple_2016_carbon_low_e.htm

Hoping to have it by Friday so I can get it on and the baffle out! Will post once done, possibly video too...

• Like Like x 2
  2. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Great looking can and far nicer mounting than the old model :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Graham Peters

Graham Peters Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi Mick,

I picked up my Grey ST-R a couple of months ago and am very happy with it. My SC Project Carbon Ovals are sitting in the garage waiting to be fitted. My Evotech tail tidy arrived yesterday so I'll have a happy couple of hours in garage on Saturday - really looking forward to it.

When I ordered my SC Project Ovals I asked about the remap and the importer said that it wasn't necessary, however there would be no issue if I did get the dealer to upload the Arrow mapping, although he said that on the road I wouldn't notice any difference. On the track at high RPM he said you may notice a few more ponies.

Regarding warranty, my understanding is that Triumph can only deny a warranty claim if the accessory directly effects the part that has failed. So to be clear, if you put a non-approved exhaust on the bike and the gearbox fails then they cannot deny the claim. However if there is a problem with combustion related parts then you may have a problem.

Hope this helps.

By the way, my Evotech tail tidy came without any instructions, is that normal? If not could anyone send me a copy?

Graham

• Like Like x 1
  4. ScreaminWargasm

Feb 25, 2017
    Essex
    Glad you are enjoying the bike mate. I think I'm going to have the remap done anyway but I'll see what it runs like first on the standard map.
    As for the instructions for the tail tidy, if you go on the Evotech website and look at the product, you will see a link with the instructions on a pdf file.
    The instal looks very straightforward. I'll be doing mine over the weekend too, although the weather is now looking a bit grim!

5. Megamold

Megamold Member

Mar 6, 2017
    Belgium
    For the love of god don't forget to remove the rubber gasket between the original plate holder and the subframe when you install the tail tidy :-D
    I had to install mine twice

6. Graham Peters

Dec 31, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    ScreaminWargasm - thanks for the .pdf guidance. The weather in Sydney is also forecasted to be not motorcycle friendly. So, probably good conditions to work on the bike rather than ride. In fact I was in the UK last week and the weather was better there than in Sydney!

Megamold - thanks for the rubber gasket advice. I will do as you suggest, but what is the problem with leaving it there?

7. Megamold

Megamold Member

Mar 6, 2017
    Belgium
    It doesn't say in the manual to remove it but apparently it was designed for use without the rubber piece.
    If you leave it in, the tail tidy wont be straight and might not even clear the endcans.

8. Graham Peters

Dec 31, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    Got it, thanks.

9. ScreaminWargasm

Feb 25, 2017
    Essex
    Hi All,

Picked the new bike up yesterday and absolutely love it. The quick shifter is awesome!

Changed the tail tidy today to the Evotech which was easy enough and looks so much better than it did.

Was after some advice on fitting the SC Project ovals though....

I took off the original end cans and in order to do this you have to loosen a clamp. Took them off and also noticed some copper mesh stuff which I assume is to prevent air from leaking or to make it easier to separate the two parts?

The new SC Project has no such parts and cannot be clamped to the Y link pipe either. Is it a case of simply sliding the new cans over the link pipe and then tighten the one and only hanger bolt? I've never changed the exhausts before but would have thought it needed some kind of clamp like the original has??

Any help would be hugely appreciated as I want them fitted asap.

Cheers

10. darkman

Oct 26, 2015
    Looking at the SC cans there seems to be no place or way of fitting a clamp as the cone covers the fitting, if they slide on with a tight fit without the original gasket i would fit them in this way, a drop of exhaust paste would be a good idea :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. wurzel

wurzel Member

May 18, 2016
    Scatterbrook farm
    Slide em on No clamp or paste was needed on mine. There is a bit of adjustment on the hangers

• Like Like x 2
  12. topbanana0

topbanana0 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2016
    South Wales
    Hi DaveG, I have the exact same bike, and trying to make my mind up on which exhaust to get.
    Yours are oval silencers? The wed site says slip on, using original Y pipe.
    Is this the case, coz I can't see any clamp on yours.
    Cheers

13. Graham Peters

Dec 31, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    SC Project Ovals with Evotech tail tidy. The mufflers are just slip on and retained by one bolt each. I can't remember the last time someone was on the back of one of my bikes. Must be more than 10 years! So I removed the rear foot rests too. If you want to do this then you will need 2 x M8x20 with a thread pitch of 1.25mm.

I'm thinking of getting the exhaust pipes that feed into the mufflers ceramic coated by JetHot. I was thinking of satin black.
    Copy of DSC_0251.jpg Copy of DSC_0252.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  14. darkman

Oct 26, 2015
    Pipes look nice as they are :) great looking bike. Buy a seat cowl instead :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. ScreaminWargasm

Feb 25, 2017
    Essex
    Here she is....

SC Project cans fitted along with tail tidy, smaller number plate and oil and rad guards.
    Just need to get some white spirit to get those ugly reflectors off the forks!

Absolutely chuffed with it. Sounds awesome and the quick shifter is sweet!

IMG_3208.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  16. Megamold

Megamold Member

Mar 6, 2017
    Belgium
    Looking good! Can't wait till i get my new cans!

For the reflectors i just used some fishing line ( or dental floss) just rubbed it along the back and it came right off.

The rest of the sticky stuff rubbed right off with my thumb.

17. ScreaminWargasm

Feb 25, 2017
    Essex
    Nice one mate, was planning on using the dental floss but expected the glue to be a pain in the arse. That's tomorrow's job then!

What cans are you going for?

18. Megamold

Megamold Member

Mar 6, 2017
    Belgium
    I'm going for the SC project ones as well, seems like the only good option out there :-D

Also its not really glue holding the reflector on, is more like a sticky sponge type thing so it's a breeze to remove.

• Like Like x 1
  19. darkman

Oct 26, 2015
    Shame Triumph couldn't even stick them on straight

20. Base

Base Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Uk
    I guess someone shouted they had Jaffa cakes and it was time for tea in the factory :)