Regularly Tracking Your Speed Triple

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by OhCrumOn, Oct 3, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. OhCrumOn

OhCrumOn Well-Known Member

May 2, 2019
    Phila
    Where my track junkies at?

Anyone out there taking their Speed to the track on a regular basis? Thinking about repurposing the speed to track duty since street riding may be off the table for while. Love my RS on the street but it's never struck me as a platform that could take repetitive track level floggings. I'm not talking weekly track sessions but 2ish a month during riding season.

Thoughts?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Linx

Linx Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2020
    Stratford Upon Avon, UK
    Hi,
    Yes I track my RS a couple of times a year. It's pretty fast, handles well and surprises a few people. It is down on top speed compared to the latest superbikes. So on a long straight you get overtaken otherwise it's good. On a Road Bike Only trackday I'm one of the fastest of the fast group. On a General Noisy day I'm near the bottom end of the middle group.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Bolosun

Bolosun Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Crewe/Cheshire
    I only use mine for track days. Only done 3 this year.

• Like Like x 3
  4. OhCrumOn

OhCrumOn Well-Known Member

May 2, 2019
    Phila
    Awesome...Love this.

I know the bike is super capable and I know the Daytona was an absolute athlete on the track...but the speed has never been marketed as a track option until the R & the RS. Going to spend the winter getting some engine protection on ol'girl and see if I find someone comfortable tuning triumphs in my area.

5. Jet City

Jet City Noble Member
    Subscriber

Sep 24, 2018
    Seattle, Washington USA
    You should definitely track your Speedy if you have the chance.

I’ve taken my 2020 version on a couple of track days, at The Ridge in Washington State a couple of times, and at Laguna Seca in California. I’m not particularly fast, but the bike is. ;)

The up/down quickshifter especially flatters ones riding on track. So handy. Makes me look smooth even if I’m not.

4F063B99-D610-47DB-AA1F-5E1973971639.jpeg

• Like Like x 4