Recommended Rucksack?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Scramcannon, Apr 14, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Scramcannon

Scramcannon Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Oxford
    Hi all,

New to riding, picking up new Street Triple RS on the 24th of April!

I'll be using the bike for a combination of pleasure, but also the odd commute to the office. When I do that, I'll be taking a laptop plus a few other bits with me, and need a way to take them with me. Immediate thought is rucksack, any recommendations?

Cheers!
    Adam

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fourbears

Fourbears Noble Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Norfolk
    Might be a good idea to have a look at the Ride/Bike/MCN reviews of stuff. They normally have some good suggestions!

• Like Like x 1
  3. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    I’d highly recommend the Kriega range of luggage/rucksacks.
    They’re a bit pricey but worth the investment as they’re sturdy, well made, and the rucksack I have has been completely waterproof in the main lined compartment.
    They’re also designed for bikers so don’t restrict movement whilst riding.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Oops, beat me to it Andy! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Or look at their Tailpacks? Personally hated using a rucksack on the bike, that's why I went for the tailpacks. They do one's big enough for a laptop, as a pal of mine used his for such a task. When it wore through on the corner after years of use, Kriega repalced it FOC!

• Like Like x 4
  6. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    Hi Adam

Hold off from buying one cos I think you'll be getting a triumph backpack as a bonus for buying a new bike :laughing:

Me and the missus did and it's great for laptops.

Regards

Pete.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Moe

Moe Senior Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Colchester
    Hi and welcome to the forum.
    I bought a kreiga quadlock rucksack, great for laptop and your gear once your at qork. Also crashed in it and the padding helped!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    I just use my North Face one, don't see the need for a bike specific rucksack :cool::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  9. stinger

stinger Senior Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Yarnbrook
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Scramcannon

Scramcannon Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Oxford
    Oh good shout, let’s see!

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hamburg

Hamburg Senior Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Oxford, UK
    I’ve had my Kreiga R15 for around 10 years now and it’s been brilliant, not too bulky, but room enough for a pair of jeans and trainers and other bits and bobs. So comfortable you forget you’re wearing it and although it could do with a good clean, nothing has broken or worn out.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. Scramcannon

Scramcannon Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Oxford
    Yeah saw these, they look good. What are your thoughts on jamming a laptop in it, doable?

Cheers,

13. Hamburg

Hamburg Senior Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Oxford, UK
    Yes, should fit, I fit the larger iPad Pro in easily

• Like Like x 1
  14. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    +1 on the XL MOTO COURSE SLIPSTREAM backpack at a £10. I bought one and was surprised by how comfortable it felt. The straps are a bit narrow and weedy but the bag does seem to fit quite comfortably on the back, especially when you're on the move. I used mine on quite a long run and at times didn't even notice it was there. Capacity is reasonable and it definitely takes a laptop. Can't attest to how watertight it is but for a tenner it's no great loss if it isn't really the one you wanted after all!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Glad to hear that - ordered one for my trip in May (for € 10 :p). I'll be travelling with a baggage roll, so it will be handy for small stuff I might need en route.

16. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON

Daag Vulpes. Aaaah ....... You've reminded me that I SHOULD have mentioned the one, real 'downside' to that aero rucksack ..
    ".. the small stuff (you) might need en route."

The zip on these is on the 'inside' of the bag - i.e. the zip sits against your back when you're wearing it, which means you have to remove it completely to open the zip up and extract any contents. May not seem such a big hassle because you'd probably do that with a regular rucksack anyway, but it does mean you can't just get a mate to open up a side pocket, or reach around with the bag over one shoulder, etc., etc.

Just something to be aware of. I'd still recommend it for value and comfort... but detract a few brownie points for convenience!

Tot zo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Well, don't beat yourself up about it Adie. Doesn't really matter, as long as I don't have to take the roll off to get to phone, wallet and that kind of stuff. Just seemed to be really good value!
    Tot ziens! :)

18. stinger

stinger Senior Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Yarnbrook
    I'd be wary of asking a mate for a reach around in any case :D

• Funny Funny x 5
  19. Scramcannon

Scramcannon Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Oxford
    Awesome, thanks chap!

20. Arno triple

Arno triple Senior Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Netherlands
    I got one allong with my speed RS, but they’re a bit expensive I found out. Suits my laptop just fine!

71F81297-620A-4BC0-8BA7-65D14CAE10C4.png

• Like Like x 1
  21. Gravs

Gravs New Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Oxfordshire
    Wouldn't go with anything but Kreiga to be honest. The build quality is second to none, a little pricey but look after it and it will last for years.

• Like Like x 1
  22. typeo123

typeo123 Member

May 25, 2017
    Berkshire, UK
    I have a few of the Kriega rucksacks and the build quality and after service is excellent. I have a fair few of them to allow for different quantities of kit: R3, R20, R30, and R35. The R3 and R30 haven't let in a drop of water. The R20 (used daily so well used) and R35 will if you are caught out in downpour. I wouldn't put a laptop straight in these two if raining without some sort of protection.

I also have the US-10 and US-20 tailpacks which you can attach to the rucksacks to expand them further. Useful to put stuff like waterproof oversuits in so easily accessible.

A zip went on a PocketKube and I contacted Kreiga who asked me to ship it back for them to look at. Next day a brand new one arrived.