Recommendations For Screen That Looks Good And Works

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by toffeeboy, Apr 30, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ben prendergast

Ben prendergast New Member

May 17, 2018
    Tamworth

2. Ben prendergast

Ben prendergast New Member

May 17, 2018
    Tamworth
    I fitted a puig to my 2011 se wind noise unbearable at any speed above 50 mph, I tried it in different positions and another helmet all to no avail, I have now taken it off

3. Drummer

Drummer Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Leeds
    Good information Ben, I thought Puig might be a worthwhile alternative, it now seems I will need to stick with my flyscreen, or what Triumph calls a touring screen, but not the long haul one!!!

4. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
  5. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    I bought my 2013 Bonnie with a long haul screen. I found it quite effective on the long ride home, but I'm 5'8" so seemed to work for my height. I did remove it the next day though as to my mind it looks horrendous.

6. toffeeboy

toffeeboy Active Member

Jul 21, 2016
    cheshire
    Thanks for all the input, tbh of it's just looks I prefer the bike naked, the flyscreen or similar if it helped at 70mph plus is contender, For me, it's just if you do any motorway distance (which at times although not ideal is unavoidable) it's noisy and buffets me about

7. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Better than a screen, drop handlebars then the bike becomes the screen

8. Bowman

Bowman New Member

May 10, 2018
    Hereford, AZ
    After reviewing members' comments and doing a little research, I decided to buy a Slip Streamer (Light Smoke) Sport windshield for my 2012 T-100. I took it on a test ride this morning. I did not wear a helmet because I wanted to feel where the wind hit me. It was a fun and comfortable ride. The windshield is 20" high and 21" wide. At speeds up to 70, the wind hit at the top of my forehead and there was no buffeting. I like to look about 2" over the top of the windshield, and at 5'8" it worked out that way. Bear in mind, I have risers that raise the bars about an inch. I got it from Dennis Kirk, and with the adapter for 1" bars, it came to $177. Money well spent, as it took the pressure off my chest and sent the bugs over my head.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BigCLM

BigCLM Senior Member

Nov 30, 2017
    San Rafael, CA
    I am not familiar with the T120 per se but I ride a Street Twin. I have the Triumph touring screen and it works well on my bike. Effectively keeps wind off of my torso, head and hands. It is engineered well in my opinion. So I am assuming there is a comparable larger screen made for the T120 by Triumph. I like the Triumph screen because it is specifically designed for the bike. My experience with aftermarket screens is that most do the job, however, don't always look good. Triumph's are great looking and classic bikes and the screen must look good.

IMG_0713.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bowman

Bowman New Member

May 10, 2018
    Hereford, AZ
    Your bike looks great and retained the classic look. My shield is just a little taller and at my ripe old age (74) I need the extra wind blockage. I will admit yours is a cleaner look.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bowman

Bowman New Member

May 10, 2018
    Hereford, AZ
    Your bike looks great and retained the classic look. My shield is just a little taller and at my ripe old age (74) I need the extra wind blockage. I will admit yours is a cleaner look.

12. BigCLM

BigCLM Senior Member

Nov 30, 2017
    San Rafael, CA
    Thanks. And 74 is still young. I'm 63 and hope to still be riding my StTwn when I'm 74+. And I had a Slip Steam on one of my past bikes (Kawasaki Vulcan 750). It worked well.

Enjoy your ride.

New 1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Laurence UK

Laurence UK New Member

May 10, 2018
    Worcester
    I just had the Triumph long haul screen fitted to my T100, and I totally agree, ay my 5'8" the buffering around the helmet is awful. The noise levels are now unacceptable. It's coming off again as nothing is better that that!
    I do think the National Cycle Street EX that Toffeeboy kindly shows us or the Givi Airflow suggested could be a touring answer.....

14. Laurence UK

Laurence UK New Member

May 10, 2018
    Worcester
    Byker Bry,
    I just searched for the Nat Cycle Street EX and it seems to be 17" high (as link) - though yours looks taller, even without the additional MRA-X ?
    http://www.nationalcycle.com/media/wysiwyg/pdf/documents/Product_Universals.pdf
    Here is my T100 Triumph screen at 14", which if you consider the shape of the screen at the top would have been 17", had they not chopped it flatter at 14". Your picture of the National Cycle Street EX just Appears to be taller than the 17"? Triumph screen 14 inches.jpg