Tiger 1050 Rear Suspension Pre-load

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by Brian Skelton, Jun 1, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Brian Skelton

Brian Skelton New Member

Jun 1, 2020
    Chessington
    I have a second hand tiger sport 2016 model. The adjusting screw for the rear preload was initially stuck but managed to eventually free it with WD40. There appears to be 2 complete turns from the hardest to the softest setting with a click after each complete turn. However the Handbook says the factory setting is 28 clicks back from from the hardest setting - is this correct ? I presume that the correct setting for rider only is a middle setting of just one turn from fully adjusted ?

2. Paul Stather-Hooper

Paul Stather-Hooper New Member

Apr 15, 2016
    Hereford

3. Paul Stather-Hooper

Paul Stather-Hooper New Member

Apr 15, 2016
    Hereford
    #3 Paul Stather-Hooper, Jun 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    I have a 2016 model and bought it in July 2017 , i found the front and rear settings nearly knocked my fillings out , i have backed of the preload front and rear , i just kept incrementally winding it out till i was happy with it,i did not keep notes,just back it off 5 clicks at a time and see what you think on a test ride.the original settings are fine if fully loaded.i`ll post a pic when i can edit to a smaller size.

Road to Turin Sept 2019.jpg